Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
What we can offer you:
We are building the UK's first legal-led consultancy that offers a truly differentiated client and employee experience in the market. We combine the legal expertise and backing of a leading, global law firm with highly experienced, specialist risk consultants to provide unique, integrated and holistic solutions to our clients so they can navigate the complexities of conducting businesses globally. After successfully establishing the division in Australia in 2020, our now 100 strong team have developed a market leading reputation for providing holistic advice to our clients. This is an opportunity to build a new offering from the ground up with the backing and infrastructure of Ashurst's global presence and the successful Australian team.
We are a team devoted to collaboration, diversity, transparency and innovation. Our vision is to create a unique culture in the consulting market based around teamwork and a structure that offers everyone a voice and the encouragement to help us build the practice. Our ambition is to hire a highly diverse team combining various personalities, cultures and professional backgrounds, and offer them the opportunity to directly deal with clients, take responsibility for business development, drive their careers, and help us in defining our strategy, culture and processes.
We also offer award winning Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion programs, and a range of benefits including, a dedicated annual bonus scheme, health and wellbeing support through Vitality, study support, hybrid working, and 26 weeks parental leave.
On a daily basis we work in close collaboration with teams across the Risk Advisory practise and legal teams to focus on how data can be used to deliver a best in class legal led consulting service. We combine our skills to design and deliver data-driven risk management solutions across a vast array of domains from privacy to security, and financial crime. Some of our work includes:
- Building data pipelines, reporting and governance controls to enable clients to provide and consume data through data sharing agreements;
- Work with clients to understand their business and data from the bottom up to drive data driven regulatory responses in relation to compliance breaches and remediation activities;
- Develop algorithms to identify compliance and regulatory risks in client data and use those insights to both proactively alert upon and manage and mitigate those risks using data driven solutions; and
- Design, implement and embed data governance frameworks to demonstrate compliance to data management obligations and the adequate management of data risk.
During a regular week as an Executive you might:
- Develop analytical and insight driven solutions for a client and showcase the results to their stakeholders;
- Collaborate with experts across Ashurst to research a new field and use those learnings to help define and build a strategic capability or client opportunity for the data and risk practise;
- Contribute to the growth of the Risk Advisory practice by working with other members of the team to define new ways of working and develop new systems
We're a dynamic team and that means what we work on day to day is diverse and varied. We're focused on building the foundational elements of the practice to ensure we embed a culture and work practice that enables you and the team to succeed and grow.
We strive to create a culture that celebrates wins and works as one to ensure our collective success. We regularly take time to share learnings and ensure the team grows as one, through knowledge sharing sessions, project showcases and hands on training.
- You're eager to be an integral part of a start-up and are prepared to adapt to the unique challenges that come with developing a new offering in the market
- You're excited about using your data talents to help solve a diverse range of client problems with new, unique and inventive solutions, and assist in the growth of a unique and 'first to market' practice
- You're experienced and comfortable with the common tools in this space. We use a combination of Alteryx, SQL Server, PowerBI, Tableau and Python but no worries if you're not an expert in these; experience with other common analytics tools is also useful
- You have proven experience bringing high quality value to clients through developing data strategies, embedding data governance frameworks, driving insights through analytics and reporting, or creating AI/ML-backed solutions
- You have proven experience creating, fostering and developing client relationships with the ability to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You're passionate about collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team and have experience managing multiple projects, project teams and stakeholders including billing, fee negotiating and risk management
- You have a desire to lead and nurture teams and assist in developing their technical skills and the culture of the team
- You approach challenging problems with both confidence and humility to put forward your ideas but also empathise with alternate view points
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.