Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
Our incentives team advises on both quoted and private company employee share plans across a broad range of sectors. The team has daily interaction with the rest of the firm's teams particularly corporate, but also employment and tax. The practice has a UK focus.
The firm is ambitious to expand the team and we would want any candidate to be invested in our vision to develop this leading Incentives practice. There will therefore be plenty of opportunities for business development and client initiatives.
You should be confident in working on the due diligence and implementation incentives aspects of listed and private corporate transactions, and enjoy a "deal" environment. You will also work with senior lawyers on aspects such as tax structuring, drafting share plan documentation, advising on corporate governance, the many aspects of share plan operation, employee trusts, the incentives aspects of executive hiring and termination decisions as well as relevant regulatory issues.
- Qualified Solicitor with post-qualification experience at a top law firm
- Experience of incentives law
- Experience of both large scale public company transactions and private company sales
- Experience of drafting and reviewing legal incentives- related documents
- Wider tax experience would be a bonus
- An adaptable person who is a fast learner
- Ability to fit into a close team, but equally able to work effectively with a large number of colleagues in other teams at all levels and successfully juggle a number of matters
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs, with an interest in why clients operate employee share plans
- A commercial approach