We are currently recruiting for a Senior Consultant to join our A&O Consulting department on a permanent basis.
Market disruption, tightening regulations and increased cross-border working are demanding new ways of thinking. Our consulting team helps clients respond to these unprecedented challenges. We provide high-quality, business-focused advice on issues relating to governance, corporate purpose and culture, conduct and operational risk, and regulation. Integrated with the firm’s existing legal capabilities, A&O Consulting allows the firm to offer a truly one-stop solution to clients. The team works with colleagues across the firm to build on existing client relationships and to spot opportunities leveraging the collective knowledge of our clients.
We deliver sustainable solutions ensuring our clients solve their most pressing challenges, so they can unlock growth and drive business transformation.
As a Senior Consultant you will work alongside market leading experts to provide high quality, innovative advice and solutions to our clients who face regulatory and risk issues. The role requires an individual with the ability to service and support clients through undertaking projects covering a wide range of issues and assisting with ad hoc queries as they arise. You will help grow our business by helping to deliver client engagements, supporting business development activities and developing value propositions.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for completing project based assignments within agreed timescales
- Working with senior colleagues to advise clients whilst identifying creative solutions
- Keep abreast of current and evolving regulatory themes and priorities and areas of focus regulations, principally in the EU and UK, and help to create opportunities for future business and develop product solutions for clients
- Maintain technical knowledge in relation to changes with FCA, PRA and EU rules and guidance and communicate this knowledge effectively within the team
- Continually improving the team operating environment and working practices
- Recognised by clients for their expertise in their area
- Build awareness and collaboration within the legal partnership
- Actively promote an inclusive and diverse work environment
- Assist other members of the team to deliver projects and responses to client and stakeholder queries
- Willing to travel to clients
- Able to demonstrate recognised industry experience
- Knowledge of current and evolving regulatory priorities and areas of focus regulations, principally in the EU and UK
- A sound understanding of regulatory frameworks within the EU and UK
- An adaptable and flexible thinker, capable of broadening horizons to meet new challenges
- Programme management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to present results to clients in a variety of formats, including written reports, power point and project management tools
- Able to influence internal/external clients and colleagues
- Driven and motivated to work in a continually changing environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task in order to meet client needs
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Strong team player
- Expertise in one of the following areas; front line risk and control, 2nd line compliance advisory, enterprise compliance, or non-financial risk management ,
- Experience in project management or business analysis.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the capital markets sector
- Demonstrable experience implementing major regulatory change (e.g. MiFID, Consumer Duty, DMA/DSA) will be an advantag
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.