Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our London or Glasgow office on a 12 month FTC basis.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting senior management in providing detailed and valuable financial insights, together with assisting in cyclical financial management processes.
Your responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Business planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Legal practice performance management (income, costs and profitability)
- Industry and client analysis reporting
- Financial and business modelling
A full job description including a breakdown of responsibilities can be found attached at the bottom of the advertisement on our careers page.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of business intelligence tools (IBM Planning TM1, Microsoft Power BI) and advanced Microsoft Excel
- Proven experience and success in a similar role, preferably within a professional services organisation
- Advanced analytical skills
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Strong understanding of financial and management information systems
- Relevant accounting qualification an advantage but not essential
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent delivery skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Proactive approach, highly motivated, setting and meeting challenging goals
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
What makes Ashurst a great place to work
We offer you all the things you should expect from an international law firm, some of which include:
- competitive remuneration with the flexibility to reward high performance;
- flexible working;
- corporate health plans;
- a global professional development offering for all employees; and
- an industry-leading programme that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We aim to recruit, retain and promote the best people from the widest possible talent pools. We are committed to offering a safe and welcoming environment for all employees to ensure they are supported to work at their best.
Beyond this, what sets Ashurst apart from others is our global strength, our drive to innovate and collaborate, and our commitment to excellence. It is these values that make Ashurst a unique place to work.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.