CMS is looking for a Patents Records Clerk to join our Team in London.
CMS is a Future Facing firm with more than 70 offices in over 40 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide. We combine deep local market understanding with a global perspective. We are passionate about building strong relationships with our clients, our people, and the communities we work in.
We take a bold, dynamic, and agile approach to ensure our clients are able to face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of working. Our aim is to inspire, impact and support our clients and our people, helping them to maximize their potential and thrive.
About the Role
Main duties of the role include:
* Docketing and processing incoming requests from the internal records mailbox, external client mailbox and adding new patent applications (EP, UK, PCT and Foreign)
* Reviewing and second checking deadlines and actions docketed by other members of the team including post received via the EPO mailbox.
* Checking documents as filed to ensure that the correct actions have been taken, relevant fees paid, and no obvious errors made in submissions.
* Processing client and deadline reports from the records system.
* Processing the on-boarding of portfolio take-overs.
* General daily maintenance of the records system including updating and removing deadlines and updating client information.
* Communicating with fee earners and paralegals ensuring the deadlines are met and assisting with their general queries for records.
* Supporting the junior members of the team including assisting with their training and helping with answering their queries about processes
We are recruiting for a Senior Records Clerk, ideally with 5 years or more experience within a busy Records department. The CIPA qualification is advantageous but not essential. The ideal candidate will be a team player who remains calm under pressure and is able to handle multiple tasks and has a high level of accuracy.
At CMS we pride ourselves on providing industry leading training, guidance, support, and variety of workload to ensure our Records team are in the best possible environment to learn and develop. We operate a busy, dynamic, workload model, based on case-loading and teamwork. There will be huge opportunities to tackle a wide range of tasks across all of our clients from European, PCT and United Kingdom applications to foreign patents and helping to design client processes. Both teamwork and communication are a huge part of making our working model efficient and high performing. We also operate and encourage a feedback model meaning that feedback will be reviewed, and where we see value, will be implemented into our process refinements. The successful candidate can therefore look forward to really being a part of shaping how we operate in the future. We believe that the team's ideas and feedback are fundamental to us continually moving forward in the best way possible.
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.