The purpose of the role is to support the business in managing the Firm’s overall debt position in line with the International Credit policy and proactively reduce aged debt, whilst continuing a positive relationship with our internal and external clients. To work with stakeholders and assisting them with achieving personal and Firm KPI’s. Provide accurate and timely reports highlighting key debt issues and driving queries to conclusion.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promoting customer goodwill through professional credit control and relationship building.
- Attending monthly revenue meetings with Partners and Associates to cover all aspects of WIP, debt, disbursements, client monies, time management and billing.
- Ensuring accurate data for timekeepers, matters, rates, and invoice data held within various systems for clients.
- Ensuring teams are compliant with all client e-Billing guidelines and vendor requirements.
- Collection of debt in line with the Firm’s International Credit Policy to ensure both DLA Piper Ireland LLP and department cash collection targets are achieved by liaising with Partners and external clients.
- Identify client disputes and ensure prompt resolution by working with both internal and external clients whilst ensuring escalation procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure DLA Piper Ireland LLP is compliant with Law Society of Ireland regulations
- Ensure all clients are on-boarding accurately, DLA system and ensuring accurate set-up in client platform.
- Provide detailed ledger analysis against objectives and targets ensuring Firm and personal KPI’s are achieved, ensuring remedial process action for re-work.
- Assist Management with Ad Hoc tasks and/or team projects as and when requested
- Relevant experience in Revenue Control / Billing / Credit Control in a law firm or similar professional service provider, ideally 3 – 4 years experience.
- Experience of using SAP or a bespoke collection system would be an advantage but not essential.
- Multi National Experience would be a strong advantage
- A substantial background in credit control working in a target focused environment showing an ability to proactively achieve result.
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written with the ability to deal with challenging conversations.
- A proven track record of negotiating and influencing situations to a positive outcome whilst developing and maintaining relationships
- Self-starter wo can set and achieve goals; has a keen eye for detail and the ability to act positively, creatively and intuitively when presented with challenges
- Has the ability to work towards deadlines and achieve objectives whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- A versatile and flexible approach which is essential at key financial points of the year
- IT literate – Must have excellent Excel skills.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.