We are currently recruiting for a Pricing & Commercial Manager to join our Group Finance team in London. The Pricing and Commercial team provides oversight and strategic direction across the global business with the goal of enhancing commercial returns. The remit of the team is split between influencing results at a client level, and driving self-started projects to leverage broader commercial opportunities.
This role will act as business partner and trusted advisor to relationship partners and other senior decision-makers in order to drive commercial returns across the business. This is achieved through the application of pricing best practice within a portfolio of global panels, but also in collaboration with stakeholders across the network to influence and support outcomes across regional offices. The successful candidate will add further value by analysis of internal and external financial levers to identify actionable insights that can be leveraged to improve commercial returns; via improved processes, methodologies or strategic focus. They will also lead on key cross-department projects and act as interface between Finance and the Business.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of strategic clients from a commercial perspective; advise Partners across the full range of commercial value-add options in addition to rates, and lead on financial elements of client pitches (panel/ client)
- Act as trusted advisor to Partners; influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders relying on knowledge from prior engagements as well as outside-world commercial insight
- Contribute to pricing best practice including the build and maintenance of pricing templates and models. Support application across the network; drive take-up and consistency
- Identify actionable commercial insights to improve returns; drive projects to optimise associated benefits
- Big picture approach to projects working cross-function; able to consider the impact across the firm of new initiatives and inter-dependencies on concurrent projects
- Identify areas for systems and operational improvement within the team; implement and measure
- Ability to understand wider business issues and ensure they are factored into departmental output
Competencies for success
- Outstanding analytical skills and knowledge of economic factors impacting professional services
- Apply a methodical and meticulous approach to solving difficult, sometimes ambiguous, problems
- Results driven; having a proactive, goal-orientated approach to decision making
- Ability to influence at the highest level as a credible, fast-thinking, collaborative and commercial individual
- Excellent communicator; able to explain complex issues to financial or non-financial stakeholders
- Collaborative, hands-on approach to ensure success across a team based environment
- Adjusts style to individual circumstances and demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence
- Strong time management; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and targets
- Ability to quickly learn new IT systems
Qualifications and work experience
- Experience as a pricing professional (B2B essential / Professional Services preferred)
- Experience in a ‘self-starting’ commercial role; proactively identifying opportunities and driving to a conclusion
- Qualified Accountant (beneficial, but not essential)
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.