We are recruiting for a Marketing Automation Manager to join our Marketing department on a permanent basis.
The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for helping to deliver our strategy to harness cutting-edge technology, supporting the Global Head of Digital (Marketing Technology) to drive forward and successfully implement these key aspects of our strategy;
- to deliver best in class marketing automation processes and solutions, positioning A&O as market leading in this area with our clients
- to truly understand client user journeys, optimising our technology stack to deliver a first class experience for our audiences. Putting personalisation at the heart of our thinking, using data to deliver content relevant to our audiences, driving engagement and conversion
- to deliver resource and time efficiencies and an improved quality of work output by utilising marketing automation techniques and systems
- to use data to drive insight and decisions relating to client relationship management, pipeline management and marketing activity
- to support on delivering a fully integrated digital and marketing technology strategy
- Product manager for our email technology platform, leveraging its full potential / capability
Role and responsibilities
Management of the firm’s email marketing platform (currently Vuture) including:
- managing the supplier relationship and being the key point of contact with the supplier for all business as usual activities and project work
- responsibility for the technical set-up including hosting and maintenance of platform, features and projects, liaising with IT and Vuture developers
- developing best practice in the use of the platform:
- resolving complex technical and practical challenges and designing global working practices
- Managing/coordinating global and local training programmes. Supporting our global IT training team and Belfast support team in delivering effective training
- ongoing training of the Digital and Marketing Technology team (Belfast) to support users and acting as a point of escalation for more complex queries
Delivering resource and time efficiencies and an improved quality of work output by utilising marketing automation techniques, including:
- mapping out end-to-end processes and templating the automation process for all activities using our marketing platforms
- providing guidance and data-driven recommendations to users on the use of marketing automation options to drive efficiencies and optimise campaign effectiveness
- advising on integration with other marketing platforms
Driving the adoption of our other existing marketing technologies within the organisation by:
- acting as a consultant day-to-day to global BD/marketing, lawyer and PA colleagues, understanding local influences and helping to bring about change and buy-in to the use of our available technologies
- introducing advanced user reporting and analytics across our technologies
- being the point of escalation for the Digital and Marketing technology team
Responsibility for ensuring data quality & privacy legal and regulatory compliance and managing risk with regards to email marketing and marketing automation. This involves;
- a detailed understanding of the principles of data privacy, how the firm works, and the approach that the firm has taken to compliance
- collaborating with key stakeholders such as In House Legal, Data Privacy and Information Security teams
- completing the DPIA, TIA, client audit requirements (eg. physical supplier review) and other required documentation
- building working practices and rolling out training on changes in relevant data privacy laws
- being the global contact for data privacy compliance queries for email marketing and automation
Acting as a core member of a the Single View of a Client project team with responsibility for replacing the firm’s current combined marketing technology stack with the aim of achieving a 360° view of our client interactions and increased marketing effectiveness through integrations with other relevant technologies.
- providing day-to day technical and user support for the CRM (EPiC) working with IT and Belfast
- Coaching & development of Belfast support specialists (dotted line responsibilities)
- advising on ad-hoc technology requests
- implement and roll-out a data retention programme across all current marketing technologies
- optimise technology stack to transform the firm client management experience;
- supporting in building a data strategy including migration to new technology stack, cleansing, ongoing governance taking into consideration the firms data privacy policies
- implementing a fully integrated/automated preference centr
- work with relevant teams to advise/implement an event technology / experience
- An ability to translate complex technical knowledge into simple concepts and language
- Ideally, previous experience across CRM systems including Microsoft Dynamics and/or Salesforce
- Ideally, previous experience of marketing automation systems including Vuture (current system), Marketo, Pardot, Dynamics, Hubspot etc
- Experience of using business intelligence tools like Power Bi to aggregate, report on campaign, channel or client trends/analysis
- Experience of managing external suppliers/agencies
- Effective people manager and an ability to help and develop team members
- Superb communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels and across cultures
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.