Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work.
Our culture is one of high-performance and we have high expectations of one another, in everything we do. Being a proud team player is essential. We work together, listen and learn from one another and achieve results we could never achieve on our own. When you join our team, you’ll become part of a flexible, inclusive environment underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and we’re working hard to create an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work. We know that to excel, we must nurture an environment where our people feel they belong.
Headed by Philip Jarvis, the Corporate Insurance team is regularly instructed on major transactions by some of the biggest players in the market, including Swiss Re, RSA, Hiscox, AEGON, AIG, Fortis and Munich Re as well as all the leading investment banks.
As expected of a global firm such as Allen & Overy, we also help our insurance clients with their international expansion plans and at any one time are busy with numerous mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and capital rankings. We also occupy a unique space in the market with regards to helping our corporate clients in relation to their needs as buyers of insurance.
Our work is demanding and at the core of the firm's key transactional business. The team is close-knit and places great importance on both training and development and Partner support.
- Corporate Insurance Partners, Associates and the wider team
- Business Development Manager
- Wider A&O community
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Providing strategic guidance to clients
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Legal research
- Qualified lawyer
- Strong technical knowledge in the field of corporate insurance
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Sound experience of operating at associate level within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility
Who we are looking for
We are looking for high quality applicants with strong experience within corporate insurance to work in a dynamic team where the quality of work is second to none.