A&O Litigation are uniquely positioned within the firm to offer data services externally to our clients and internally to other departments as well as offering our core services to the Litigation team. The ability to provide professional and innovative eDiscovery services is a key part of the Litigation strategy going forward. The ability to combine our legal expertise with data-driven solutions to our clients is a compelling story to tell.
The eDiscovery Consultant is responsible for providing excellent client service, technical support and consultancy services to the Litigation practice and the wider A&O practice groups. This role requires the person to have a well-rounded experience of all areas of an eDiscovery service offering. The role is based in London and will report to the Global Head of eDiscovery Consulting.
- eDiscovery stakeholders including A&O lawyers and Advanced Delivery and Solutions (AD&S) teams
- Fellow global eDiscovery team members to enable best practices and share knowledge
- Contacts from across the firm’s business functions to help facilitate team objectives
- Delivering high-quality customer service thereby fostering internal and external client relationships
- Advising on data collection scope and approach including potential use of third-party forensic service providers
- Designing and implementing efficient and defensible eDiscovery workflows
- Providing in-house RelativityOne support from data identification through to production
- Anticipating and proactively addressing clients’ needs
- Understanding of Relativity Advanced Analytics features and their use in culling, searching and pinpointing data
- Applying A&O best practice policies and guidelines to all eDiscovery matters
- Excellent customer-oriented service ethos and client relationship management experience
- Advanced knowledge of the entire EDRM
- Experience with data processing tools such as Relativity or Nuix
- Experience with Relativity document review platform (Relativity Master preferred)
- Experience with Opus 2 Case Preparation solution
- Understanding of forensic data preservation tools and techniques
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail including working methodically
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to changing deadlines, deliverables, and task priorities
- Ability to work apace and under pressure
- Flexibility to work beyond office hours on occasion
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Willingness to travel if required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Law or other relevant discipline advantageous
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.