Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East. Our global footprint is further enhanced by our strategic partnership with Interlaw which works to facilitate our management of multi-jurisdictional matters. We have leading practices in Corporate, Litigation, Tax, Banking and Finance, Real Estate and Private Wealth.
We have always been proud of our natural commitment to diversity and inclusion and value the variety of our partnership. We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. Our strategic direction is shaped by a desire to grow our business in a way that is responsible and sustainable and has the principles of ESG at its core, guiding the way we operate firmwide
Where you'll work
We are recruiting for a full time General Office Assistant to support our Operations department in Exeter. The role will be flexible and may include working within Central Registry, Front of house, Print/Post room and also completing Team Assistant duties where necessary.
What you'll be doing
- Responsibility of managing and training General Office Assistants to deliver workplace services as set out below.
- Ongoing overview of the incoming requests using Team task management systems eg Centralised Inbox and BIGHAND Now.
- Review of workloads and adjusting resource allocation to meet business needs.
- Promotion of best practice and change management.
- Arranging shift patterns to suit business needs
- Ongoing review and maintenance of written team procedures.
- Checking and approval of invoices and allocation to correct budget codes
- Facilities and maintenance requests coordination
- Responsibility for stocking catering supplies in staff kitchens
- Liaising with FoH team to provide ad-hoc Reception cover and support
- Other administrative duties as required
What you will need
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality
- A strong team player
- Ability to use initiative
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate autonomously and/or with minimum supervision
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A willingness to learn
- A self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Common sense
- Good humour
- Polite and professional manner
Experience and qualifications:
- Relevant experience or working in the Operations team in a similar professional environment
- Organised and self-motivated
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to use PC based departmental systems effectively
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.