Our busy Billing Team is looking for a Billing Administrator to join a central finance resource supporting partners in dealing with pre/post-billing related administrative activities. Liaising with other finance teams to ensure the accurate and timely drafting and preparation of bills.
CMS is a Future Facing firm with more than 70 offices in over 40 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide. We combine deep local market understanding with a global perspective. We are passionate about building strong relationships with our clients, our people, and the communities we work in.
We take a bold, dynamic, and agile approach to ensure our clients are able to face the future with confidence. Our aim is to inspire, impact and support our clients and our people, helping them to maximize their potential and thrive.
About the Role
You'll be monitoring Partner & client portfolio of bills issued and ensure bills are dispatched within the firms policy timeframe
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Requesting Ad-hoc proformas and generating reports
* Amending proformas upon request and input billing guide amendments to the pre-billing system in line with the Partner/Associates requirements
* Review time narratives for accuracy of recording, identifying and correcting typos.
* Forwarding billing guides to alternative reviewers and editors as required in the pre-bill system
* Dealing with volume of invoices & billing related queries
* Liaising with all the Working Capital Support team to assist in the resolution of complex queries
* Preparation of narratives and fee breakdowns as required
* Preparation of covering documents for dispatch on generated bills for Partner/Associate review
* Facilitating the dispatch of bills to clients in line with the client's requirements where necessary
* Liaising with the eBilling team to provide billing guidelines and portal requirements
* Requesting Credit Notes/re-issue instructions via Finance workflow and other post billing queries
An ideal candidate will be/ will have:
* Promoting a culture of mutual understanding through effective communication with our clients.
* Working to given timeframes and anticipates likely workflows
* Consistently producing accurate work with exceptional attention to detail
* Willing to do routine tasks
* Self-motivated, proactive and ability to prioritise and manage own workload
* Able to use initiative, but also work well within a team
* Proficient in MS Excel and Word
* Responsible for managing own development and willing to learn
* Showing flexibility in approach
* Experience in a partnership or professional services environment with a finance background
* Good written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels, confident, professional telephone manner
* Analytical skills to resolve queries
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.