DLA Piper’s IT Design & Delivery function is responsible for the completion of analysis, design and engineering work related to the implementation requests from within the overarching Project Delivery and Service Operations functions.
The Solutions Engineer takes responsibility for the completion of IT engineering projects. They work closely with the Solutions Designer, Project Managers, Architects, Operational and Service Delivery teams to implement new technical solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
The role will require an ability to work across multiple projects where needed and for the individual to have a rational and organised approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake planning, estimation, scheduling, implementation and hand over of installations in accordance with designs, standards and patterns
- Provide technical expertise to enable the configuration of hardware, software, other system components and equipment
- Installs, organises the disposal or removal of hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools, following agreed standard in an environmentally secure manner within established procedures and quality systems, including, where appropriate, handover to client
- Corrects malfunctions in installations, calling on other experienced colleagues and external sources if required, and initiates action to ensure best use is made of available assets
- Provides specialist guidance and some supervision to less experienced colleagues. Analyses work in progress, takes action to ensure targets are met within safety and quality procedures, including handover to client where appropriate
- Investigate installations not achieving design aim or business requirement and make recommendations for remediation. Monitor effectiveness of installation and ensure that appropriate recommendations for change are made
- Report on work performed accurately and effectively. Produce reports as required by management and clients
- Provide technical expertise to enable the configuration of software, other system components and equipment for the systematic testing of platform specific versions of software products
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technical specialism at a high level by, for example, reading relevant literature, attending conferences and seminars, meeting and maintaining contact with others involved in the technical specialism, training courses and through taking an active part in appropriate professional bodies
- Provide expert advice, both reactively and proactively to those engaged in activities where the technical specialism is applicable within IT and related areas such as budgetary and financial planning, litigation, legislation, and health and safety
Relevant specialist expertise in some of the following installation and configuration design areas:
1. Essential (one or more of the following):
- Cloud technologies: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience of configuring, maintaining and migrating services on to cloud platforms e.g. Amazon Web Service, Azure (preferred) or Google Cloud Platform.
- Network and Infrastructure Security: Firewalls, Proxy, Cloud Security, Zero Trust, ZScaler
- Microsoft 365, for example one or more of: Teams, SharePoint, Exchange online, Intune, OneDrive, Defender, Stream
- Networking and communications: Cisco, SD-WAN, Wi-Fi
- Application Engineering: SAP, IManage,
- Azure AD and Identity Management
3. Experience in delivery of IT projects either as a member of a dedicated project team or as part of duties in a 3rd line role
- Documenting technical implementations as part of a Project Delivery process
- Thorough knowledge of testing procedures
- Knowledge of and experience in resolving configuration issues
4. Personal Characteristics
- Display a consistently positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organisation skills, and can meet deadlines
- Customer focus – Understanding the needs of the customer and keeping these in mind
- Strong attention to detail
- Goal orientation – Maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables
- Be motivated and resourceful, a team-player
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.