We are recruiting a Software Engineer to join our multi-skilled and innovative team of developers based in our Leeds office. You will be responsible for creating, testing, maintaining, researching, and designing various software services, from individual applications to 3rd party customisations and integrations. This is an exciting role which offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills through ongoing learning and development and work with the latest technologies.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop excellent quality software using agile & DevOps techniques such as Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, Automated Pipelines and CI/CD.
- Appreciation of agile development practices with a willingness to be a proactive participant in the agile process.
- Be a technical lead within the team that can offer advice around design, architectural decisions, and code quality.
- Take an active role in requirement/story definition, assisting analysts, project managers and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria.
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and stakeholders.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team.
- In-depth knowledge of Spring Boot & Spring Cloud.
- Ability to write structured, maintainable, commercial quality code to a consistent predefined standard.
- Understanding of host environments and platforms, including containerization/Kubernetes AMQP, SQL Server & NoSQL databases.
- Good knowledge of microservice design and optimisation.
- Ability to assist with pre-release and release processes including final testing, corrections, and documentation preparation.
- Self-motivation, assertiveness, time management and prioritization.
- Ability to identify development pre-requisites.
- Understanding core business operations and applying that knowledge – including understanding of the firm’s goals and directions.
- Problem solving.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.