The Pitch Executive role focuses on helping the firm win new profitable business by responding to pitch opportunities. Responsible for project managing the creation of pitches and presentation materials this role will involve working across our practice groups, sectors and offices.
Occasional travel in the UK and internationally is a requirement of this role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project manage pitches and proposals in accordance with our best practice pitch process which includes:
- Evaluating pitch opportunities using the firm’s tools
- Developing the pitch strategy including win themes and value proposition
- Scoping the pitch opportunity to understand client needs and to ensure our proposal is responsive
- Involving subject matter experts, for example the pricing team, to develop our proposition
- Developing pitch content that is compelling and focused on the client
- Coordinating input from contributors to ensure their input is tailored, relevant and received with sufficient time to edit and refine
- Finalising and submitting pitches in line with the client’s instructions
- Coordinate presentation rehearsals and offer advice and coaching on style, approach, messaging
- Conducting client debriefs to capture feedback
- Assist Pitch Managers on complex pitches
- Advise other Marketing & BD colleagues on best practice pitch techniques
- Provide recommendations on improving the pitch process
- Take responsibility for additional projects which support the pitch team’s priorities
The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.
- The successful candidate must have:
- Effective time and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial awareness and acumen
- An ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- Experience of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial
- A positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach
- A collaborative working style, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to understand and identify with the firm, and its objectives and values
This job description is not exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop, or fulfil, the role of Pitch Executive.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.