MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver HR related projects and change to time:cost:quality targets as agreed with the key sponsor
- Assist HR and business stakeholdes in initiating and scoping change: business case, scoping, objectives, deliverables, governance, risk and budget
- Develop and deliver stakeholder engagement and communications plans. Build constructive stakeholder relationships at every level in the firm
- Build and maintain project plans and budgets, ensuring key milestones are identified, risks and issues logged and resources in place. Produce and maintain all project documentation, status reports and associated collateral
- Lead project team and working group meetings. Record actions and owners, update participants
- Track project progress and escalate risks and issues where appropriate
- Work with the stakeholder/sponsor and the central project office to ensure alignment and shared understanding of any dependencies
- Solid understanding, skills and experience of project and change management activities and methodology. Ideally with experience of having delivered projects in an international environment
- Relevant track record and expertise in internal consulting skills, with a rigorous and disciplined approach
- Good understanding of HR practices, ideally gained from working within or with an HR team for a sustained period of time
- Ability to develop business case and gain appropriate stakeholder buy-in and sign off to project deliverables and budget
- Strong change and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with diverse teams; both culturally and geographically
- The ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Understanding and experience in the assessment and management of project: risk, budget, scope, relevant change management and change control, reporting, KPI’s and benefit realisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate at all levels within the organisation
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness, to develop appropriate solutions
- A sound understanding of HR practices and stakeholder groups
- Working knowledge of Project Methodology, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, AGILE and Visio
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.