The BA will work with the Functional Lead to provide support in various areas of S/4 HANA. The primary focus will be in relation to AP invoices/payments/expenses/reporting and the integration with Concur but support will also be required with intercompany accounting, charts of accounts (local and group), maintenance of cost centres, GL settings, statutory and tax reporting, banking, FX and fixed assets.
The role will be a key part of the Finsys team and will involve liaison with finance staff across the firm. The BA will work closely with our implementation partner and is expected to bring expert knowledge of SAP to the role.
The Finance Transformation Programme (Vector) Background:
The Vector programme’s objective was to replace the firm’s Practice Management System. The Practice Management system (PMS) is core to the operations of the firm. Managing the creation and distribution of bills, revenue management along with the core accountancy functions and controls. This complex programme impacted all aspects of the firm functions, people, and offices.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work with the solution provider to enhance business processes and drive efficiency
- To update and maintain business design documents
- To provide month end support
- To provide training sessions when required and to update and review training documentation
- To ensure appropriate controls are in place and correctly applied
- To provide support to the business during the stablilization phase
- AP general enquiries & processes
- AP payment testing and automation
- Support Concur Invoice and expense integration
- Ensure intercompany recharges, settlement and reconciliation processes designed and working effectively.
- Support the deferred tax transfer process for AP transactions
- Update GL account settings
- Update Group & Local Chart of Accounts.
- Ensure local charts of accounts are appropriately mapped
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of Financial Statement Versions
- Ensure local statutory and tax reporting requirements are adhered to
- The programme replaced the underlying out of service technology and the associated business processes to drive for improvement, efficiency, and standardisation across the international user base with the aim of providing fee earners with an enhanced experience and ‘smarter’ ways of working.
- Provide advice regarding Journal types, Ledgers, upload templates, currency journals, document types
- Provide advice around fixed asset transactions
- Banking Integrations
- Tax and tax reporting optimisation using SAP processes.
- Understanding of European tax laws around payment and WHT
- Contribute to decisions around the future the design process
- Provide progress reports as required for governance
- Liaising with local and central finance teams to ensure they are able to contribute to the design process and to deal with any concerns they have.
The BA must have strong organisational and communication skills. The individual appointed must also be capable of understanding the wider objectives of the programme, be able to influence others, to share knowledge and be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team colleagues, the implementation partner and senior management.
The role holder will have a background in working on large-scale Finance Transformation Programmes ideally with a wealth of experience in a Legal Finance Team as an accountant or back office financial role.
- Qualified Accountant (Recognised Qualification)
- Proven success in the execution of Finance Transformation activities or projects
- In depth understanding and experience of P2P and accounting processes (Ideally in a legal Finance department)
- Solid experience of working with SAP S4/Hana
- Experience in SAP FICO
- Effective communication skills including documentation and workshop facilitation and ability to present and discuss at all levels within the firm
- Conscientious and results driven
- Able to work independently and adapt to change
- Ability to judge and manage priorities effectively and work to tight timescales
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.