As one of the world’s largest law firms, with our lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, DLA Piper is made up of individuals who bring their own cultures, backgrounds and experiences to work. We embrace and value our people’s diversity in inclusive and meaningful ways.
Our approach to DEI is data-led and outcome driven; the DEI team is looking for a Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Specialist to support the delivery of the firm’s D&I strategy across all groups and geographies (International coverage). The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing D&I projects that support the broader D&I strategy, which will position the firm as a truly inclusive global business law firm. To support the delivery of DEI priorities across our Law Practice groups. You will be part of the wider Talent Development team, which sits within HR.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and review DEI-related policies to meet legislation and the Firm’s needs
- Be a link between the Law Practice Groups, the HR International team and the Firm
- Ensure policies are accessible
- Build strong relationships with the HR Business Partner teams to enable them to support their clients across all groups and geographies at DLA Piper
- People Networks Leads
- Employee, Partner and Advisory Team
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the DEI policy lead in the team, actively reviewing policies throughout the year and making amends (if necessary).
- Gaining firm and stakeholder buy-in for new DEI policies that need to be developed.
- Support and signpost good practice to HR colleagues.
- Leverage relevant DEI insights from engagement/pulse surveys to inform policy development and updates.
- Undertake regular monitoring and data analysis and measure progress against key deliverables.
- Identify areas for collaboration across the wider HR function
- Stay up to date with global DEI legislation and integrate knowledge into practice and policy development.
- Actively contribute to the delivery of firm-wide DEI priorities.
- Work with the HR Leads for PG’s to ensure that each PG has a DEI priority and plan
Communications & Engagement:
- Work with the communication lead in the team to provide content for DEI communication campaigns for practice groups
- Take a proactive and creative approach towards engaging everyone on the topic of DEI
- Provide advice to colleagues at the firm on DEI related Policy matters and queries
- Develop a working group across Law Practice groups to share good DEI practice and challenges
- Contribute towards our DEI strategy and solutions
- Support with preparing responses to client requests on DEI policy related matters
- Support the firm’s international wellbeing programme, and ensure wellbeing initiatives/strategies are considered in policy development.
- Support Responsible Business strategy and ensure wellbeing initiatives are considered in policy development.
- Able to influence, persuade and coach, especially with policy development and gaining stakeholder buy-in for firm-wide costs
- Be able to exercise empathy, discretion, and sensitivity
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Experienced in managing DEI projects with clear objectives, outcomes, and a planned approach for delivery
- Have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Be an excellent communicator in conversation and written correspondence
- Be able to write policies that are inclusive and accessible
- Experience in implementing policy change (Preferably DEI-related policy)
- Ability to use DEI data to inform and measure practice
- Have an understanding of DEI best practices and policy development
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.