Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
As Bid Coordinator in the Global Bid Team, you will support the development of bid responses in collaboration with Global Bid Team colleagues, the broader business development team, Partners and other stakeholders. Supporting bids throughout the process from pursuits to presentations, you will contribute to the strategic growth of the firm through new and existing business wins.
You will support complex and high value bids, working with colleagues based in Australia and Asia as well as in Glasgow, London, and around the globe. On a day-to-day basis this might include creating compliant bid response documents in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc; drafting and tailoring client focussed and tailored content and CVs; creating and tailoring graphical elements and bid presentation decks; coordinating stakeholders for key meetings and rehearsals; liaising with colleagues in compliance, graphic design, etc; bid content mining; and bid recording, reporting and filing.
The Bid Coordinator will be based in our Bid Operations team in Glasgow and will report to the Bid Operations Lead. This role is hybrid and is open to flexible working hour arrangements.
The Global Bid Team's role is to contribute to the strategic growth of Ashurst by ensuring we are maximising our chances of winning complex, high value and strategic bids. To do this, we work as a team and we love our collaborative and supportive team culture. As part of our commitment to driving bid excellence and supporting the continuing professional development of our team, Ashurst is a Corporate member of APMP.
- Work closely with Bid team members to support the end-to-end bid process according to best practice milestones and work collaboratively with all members of the firm.
- Receive the tender documentation and work with the Bid Manager and other bid response team members to 'kick-off' the response process.
- Support on CV drafting, formatting, reviewing, and tailoring of content for bid responses.
- Contribute to the design of graphical elements for written proposals, such as operating models, team structures, value propositions and complex themes.
- Manage the submission requirements, be it via client portals or email submission.
- Support all Global Bid team members, including the Bid and Pursuit Advisory team to deliver all bid activity at the highest standards of quality and excellence globally.
- Support the content team to deliver the firm's content management strategy by identifying content gaps and developing and writing content for inclusion in the content library.
- Provide critical support for the firm's preferred bid technology for content creation and the delivery of bids and support.
- Monitor bid portals and team inboxes for bid alerts and client communications.
- Support the team and business with the tracking, analysis and reporting of bid activity.
- Support the Global Bid Team with document management, including auditing electronic folders.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience
- Self-motivated; comfortable working autonomously to deliver the objectives of the role with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including exceptional eye for detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies, i.e. strong proofreading skills.
- Highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Team player, with a strong service ethic and a desire to add value to the firm.
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities.
- Experience of using and managing a document management system, bid library and/or pitch automation system, and coordinating inputs from multiple stakeholders (including technical subject matter experts as well as business development teams).
- Keen eye for design, able to improve the visual impact and aesthetic properties of proposal materials, including bid documents and presentations.
- Previous bid and proposal experience would be beneficial.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferably Marketing, Business or Commerce).
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of having worked in the professional services sector, a partnership or other complex, global environment.
- Experience of bid library/pitch automation software systems and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with Shipley or other similar bid methodology.
- An understanding of legal practices, products and the legal competitive landscape, gained from previous experience within the legal sector.
- An understanding of different bid cultures and customers, with bid writing experience across geographies and to a variety of customers (e.g. government, financial services, banks, funds, corporates).
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.