IT Support Analyst (permanent and 6 month contract)
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- IT, Help Desk / Customer Services
- Contract Type
- Permanent, Contract
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for IT Support Analysts to join our Deskside Team, providing support to staff in the London office on both a permanent and 6 month contract basis. The team provide support to the the London office to include but is not limited to:
- Resolving incidents and work orders assigned to the Deskside Team in Helix, our ITSM software
- Assisting with daily morning moves
- Update customers on progress of their incidents and requests and ensure customer expectations are managed effectively
- Dealing with urgent requests / incidents as they arise
- Resolving incidents wherever possible at first point of contact within the agreed operational framework of policies and processes, minimising impact to the end user whilst providing excellent customer service.
- Helping with any ad hoc project work that may arise
Role and responsibilities
Infrastructure & Application Support
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems relating to infrastructure and/or applications, operating and network systems
- Carries out agreed operational and specified maintenance procedures of a routine nature
- To maintain an effective working knowledge of incident resolution across all areas of the IT Support in order to maximise customer service and call resolution
- Ensure customers are updated with progress of their request / incident
- Escalate any issues to the Team Leader as soon as possible
- Ensure accurate and timely updates are maintained in the Incident Management System, where appropriate
- Receive and handle requests for support following agreed procedures
- Maintains relevant records
- Take responsibility for the resolution of incidents ensuring 1st and 2nd line resolution is achieved, within agreed SLAs.
- Meet all OLA Service activity targets in line with performance targets defined for the technology service
- Ensure that requests are properly logged, assigned, tracked and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures. Ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays
- Manage all calls accurately using the BMC Helix call logging system
- Where appropriate, work with suppliers to deliver services in line with SLAs
- Appropriate escalation of incidents and requests to the IT Support - Team Leader in line with Allen & Overy’s processes
Quality, Methods & Tools
- Follow processes to ensure that a high quality of service is provided to both internal and external customers
- Clear verbal and communication skills with the ability to explain technical instructions in a non-technical way
- An enthusiasm and passion for excellent customer service. Plus the ability to promote technology within the firm, using business friendly language, and seek out opportunities with tangible business benefits
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve service levels as a group and individually
- Ability work on own initiative, prioritise and manage workload effectively, often under pressure
- Take personal responsibility to keep up to date with new technologies, systems and solutions
- Ability to think logically, analyse situations, solve problems
- Awareness of business-critical incidents, and their potential implications for the business
- Ability to develop good working relationships across the breadth of the IT function and effectively share knowledge between individuals and teams to contribute to overall effectiveness of project and service improvement work.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards
- Work pro-actively and highlight issues to the Team Leader and / or Service Delivery Teams, where appropriate, to find resolutions / workarounds to recurring issues
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Service Desk operations, to include a good knowledge of IT best practice, industry trends and customer service
- An understanding of business working practices and active working experience and understanding of core applications eg MS office applications, legal software, Win 10 and 11, O365
- Knowledge of current Windows operating systems
- PC and laptop hardware set up, configuration and support
- Knowledge of Apple products (primarily iPhones and iPads)
- Basic networking skills / understanding
- Proven experience in a customer facing IT support role.
- Proven experience within an IT Support / Service Desk environment.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- ITIL Foundation – desirable
Training will be provided to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Hardware (ie laptops, PCs, mobile devices etc)
- Software (both standard and departmental specific software)
- BMC Helix (A&O ITSM software)
- Printers (both desktop and MFPs)
- Meeting room AV technology
- Departmental specific applications / hardware
- Network set up in Bishops Square (London office)
Working hours for this role will be between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday on a shift rota basis. There may be occasions where we need the analyst to work overtime to help out with project work, additional teamwork etc so flexibility in this area is desirable.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert