Scrum Master / Data Analyst
- DLA Piper
- United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 15 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Finance, Financial analysis
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Manager, Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Are you Scrum Master looking for your next challenge within BI field? This may be an opportunity for you.
The role of BI Scrum Master is primarily to support the BI Technology leader and their Engineering team to effectively deliver to the pre-agreed sprint goals. The Scrum Master will be responsible for running of standard Agile ceremonies, including daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives and Review.
The Scrum Master is pivotal in the smooth operation of the Engineering Team’s ability to progress the stories built for them by the Product Management team. In being so, they will provide a bridge between the day-to-day activities of the Scrum Team and the need for progress updates from the various Product Managers.
The role will also have the opportunity to contribute to the overall Finance BI, Data and Reporting team strategy, by assisting with data analysis as and when required.
We are looking for someone who is prepared to be flexible in their role and get involved in variety of exciting deliverables the team will be undertaking at any one time. There will be opportunities to learn about the business, its data, and the application of both to the delivery of sector-leading Business Information.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scrum master responsibilities relating to Agile ceremonies
- Work effectively with Jira as the primary Scrum management tool
- Generate analyses and reports from single or multiple systems & data sources related to the performance of the Scrum team
- Offer opinions upon enhancements that might be made to the Scrum process to enable continuous improvement to the process
- Engage effectively with all members of the Finance BI Data & Reporting team to enhance the performance of the team, through the improvement of Engineering and Product Management interface
- Recognise and understand the prioritisation of activities within the development backlog, aiding the engineers in the selection of appropriate stories to meet business goals most efficiently
- Share knowledge with the rest of the Finance BI, Data & Reporting team
- Experience of working as a Scrum Master and working within Agile software development teams
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Experience of working within a Data Warehousing environment, having familiarity with data exploration tools (ideally SQL) and an understanding of data visualisation and reporting.
- Excellent problem solving skills / communicator
- Ability to handle multiple sometimes conflicting priorities, working to timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies quickly
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of finance processes and related systems
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
• Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
• Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
• Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
• Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert