- DLA Piper
- Leeds or London
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Other specialist roles, Risk Management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
To support the Risk and Resilience Director and Enteprise Risk Senior Manager with the development, and roll out of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework. Provide business partnering support across the operational firm to drive embedding and maturity.
Support the business areas with the identification and management of the risk exposure, in line with agreed risk appetite, ensuring appropriate controls and mitigation is in place.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and maintainence of the enterprise risk management framework to ensure consistent adherence and application across DLA Piper International
- Engage with all business and operational areas across the International Firm to support the implementation of the refreshed ERM framework, including the identification and assessment of their individual risks and controls and development of appropriate mitigation plans
- Support the implementation of an ERM system/application and champion its usage and continuous development/improvement
- Working with the business areas, define and report business-relevant Key Risk Indicators and metrics to quantify and monitor the level of risk exposure over time
- Develop dedicated risk reporting MI for the supported business areas, helping to embed risk routines within their operating rhythms
- Produce insightful reporting for management and senior governance forums of DLA Piper including the Executive, Board and Risk Committees
- Monitor and assess the risk appetite and tolerance of DLA Piper in line with the Executive and Board defined risk appetite
- Establish the internal processes, templates and artefacts to support the operationalisation of the refreshed ERM Framework
- Work in a collaborative manner across the International Risk Group, championing a consistent approach to risk management, internal controls and assurance is maintained throughout DLA Piper
- Develop meaningful relationships, becoming a trusted advisor for the partnered business areas
- A risk management professional with direct advisory or audit experience from either a Big 4 Accounting Firm or Management Consultancy; minimum 5 years experience
- Experience in the development and implementation of enterprise risk management frameworks
- Practical knowledge and experience of enterprise risk management methodologies, including risk identification, analysis, mitigation, monitoring and reporting
- Experience in the application and continuous development of risk management systems and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, skilled at compiling risk reports and presentations
- Experience of working effectively with cross-functional areas within a matrix structure
- Be a self-starter who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team
- A relationship builder able to influence a diverse stakeholder group across international locations
- Possesses a high level of commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous situations, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative working style
- High level of professionalism and personal accountability
The Practice Group
The Risk & Resilience function is made up on 5 complementary areas:
- Erterprise Risk Management
- Risk Standards & Assurance
- Risk Governance & Analytics
- Risk Culture, Education and Awareness
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery includes 5 principal areas:
The Risk & Resilience function is part of the wider risk community (International Risk Group) incorporating Internal Audit and Information Security.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert