Marketing & BD Executive
- DLA Piper
- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
- Closing date
- 15 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Marketing and Communications, Generalist, Business Development, Business development
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
The Marketing & Business Development Executive will support the Marketing & Business Development Manager in the delivery of the International Marketing and BD Strategy in the UK, via Marketing and BD plans for the Edinburgh office and through clients and sectors.
A frontline role, you will work directly with partners/lawyers across the office, supporting them with client development activity as part of the delivery of the go to market strategy, at the same time operating as part of a close working team. You will have a proactive and accountable approach to your work, strive to find efficient ways of working and be personable in your style. Where possible, you will co-ordinate workflow to others to support you in the delivery of tasks (e.g. Warsaw Global Service Centre). This role will also support the Manager on the delivery of the UK Sector activity for one of the key sectors.
The role holder should be flexible in working approach, willing to travel to meetings and events in other parts of the UK and be available to work outside normal office hours when required. The role responsibilities may vary in line with the requirements of the UK Clients and Sectors operating model.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Scotland Marketing & Business Development Manager to implement each aspect of the office marketing plan in addition to supporting One UK activity in line with the delivery of the UK Clients and Sectors priorities.
- Working with the Marketing & Business Development Manager to implement each aspect of the Marketing & BD plan for sectors and various related workstream deliverables.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of events from end-to-end, including initial scoping and objective setting through to execution and analysis / ROI reporting.
- Support on internal and external communications including liaising with our local PR agency, and internally coordinating digital posters, event invitations, news alerts, press releases, advertising, legal directory submissions, awards entries and marketing collateral. Strong writing skills are essential.
- Act as support lead on location specific pitches, capability statements and materials needed for client business development meetings. This involves initial scoping, drafting and project managing the process to completion, often to tight deadlines.
- Working with the Marketing & Business Development Manager to support on the co-ordination of sponsorship campaigns from end-to-end, ensuring sponsorship is maximised and value is returned. This includes internal/external communication, social media and on the ground delivery.
- Supporting the Marketing & Business Development Manager on ad hoc BD activity which includes working with intermediaries, client listening and sector-specific targeting and supporting on new business generation.
- Producing engaging and relevant marketing collateral and invitations.
- Supporting the Marketing & & Business Development Manager with the management and internal promotion of the firm’s corporate partnerships and business memberships for Scotland.
- Assisting with tracking budgets and reporting on spend.
The successful candidate must:
- Have experience working within a corporate environment or, ideally, within Professional Services.
- Have excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task with the ability to manage assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Have strong writing skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness in both approach and delivery.
- Be confident operating on their own initiative, owning projects and seeing them through to conclusion seeking input at the appropriate time from manager.
- Demonstrate a professional approach in terms of commitment and internal client care.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experienced in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities.
- Have experience in supporting the delivery of high-profile events, from large scale conferences to private dinners.
- Display a consistently positive attitude and adopt a proactive ‘can do’ approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; collaborative working style.
- Be IT literate – experience of Excel, PowerPoint, Word 2010 and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial.
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop or fulfil the role required of the Marketing & Business Development Executive.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert