Junior Product Manager
- DLA Piper
- United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 15 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Finance, Financial systems, Financial analysis
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
Have you worked in Finance and are data-proficient, and passionate about creation and delivery of reporting processes and products? This may be an opportunity for you.
Join as BI Junior Product Manager to support the BI Product Managers with their responsibility over specific stakeholder area’s that are served by the Finance BI, Data & Reporting team.
The role will support the BI Product Managers, and therefore be involved in specific areas of the overall Finance BI, Data & Reporting roadmap. The stakeholders include the Firm’s exec, fee earners, Partners, Finance teams and other business support areas. Tasks will include regular communication with stakeholders to document business requirements, help prioritise requirements, assist in the creation of prototypes to be presented to stake holders, and analysis supporting the overall delivery of the BI, Data and Reporting team’s roadmap.
The BI Junior Product Managers will also work alongside the engineering side of the BI, Data and Reporting team, to provide business requirements, expectations from the data, and guidance on the desired outcome – translating the roadmap into actionable stories.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the BI Product Managers with the delivery of their specific parts of the overall BI, Data & Reporting roadmap.
- Support the BI Operations Manager with managing feedback & queries from the Business as and when needed
- Analysis of key information to enable the effective documentation of requirements, and presentation of stories to the engineering team can be provided
- Ensuring the application of solid accounting principles to the calculation and presentation of key financial metrics within the reporting process
- Working with key Finance stakeholders in the development of the BI Junior Product Manager’s understanding of core business processes associated with financial metric calculation and application
- Ensuring an effective story-based process for the description and prioritisation of user requirements such that they can be well understood and acted upon by the Engineering team, using Agile methodologies
- Demonstrate a passion for the creation and delivery of best-in-class reporting processes and products
- Some understanding and practical use of Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Excellent written and verbal skill for the communication of complex processes
- An understanding of Finance processes within a large organisation, particularly a law firm, would be highly desirable.
- An ability to access and interrogate data, to support basic analysis and report prototyping.
- Some awareness of the reporting and data manipulation capabilities available within the SAP HANA suite, including integration with other, third-party tools appropriate for BI Reporting, would be advantageous.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert