BI Visualisation Lead
- DLA Piper
- United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 15 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Finance, Financial systems
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Senior Manager, Manager
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
The Business Intelligence Visualisation Lead will be the key person in the design and delivery of fixed data visualisations, such as dashboards, within the Finance BI Reporting system, Insight.
They will work closely with the BI Data Lead to ensure that the appropriate metrics and supporting attributes are available for rapid presentation to a broad range of Insight users, working with both desktop and mobile devices. The BI Visualisation Lead should ensure that data presentation is appropriate to the needs of Insight’s users, providing rapid and engaging results. The Visualisation Lead would work closely with the BI Reporting Lead, to ensure an effective, accurate and complementary hand-off to exploratory reporting capabilities, when greater detail is required.
The BI Visualisation Lead will provide technical input to the development of the Insight roadmap, providing considered and knowledgeable contributions to the proposed method for Insight enhancement. The role will ensure the adoption and adherence to high standards of application development, whilst ensuring an agile and ‘can-do’ approach.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ownership of the data visualisation capability within Insight, ensuring fitness for purpose and appropriateness for the requirements of Insight’s users and adherence to Insight’s overall strategy.
- A significant contribution to the technical leadership of the Finance BI Reporting team.
- Mentoring of junior data-developers within the team.
- Accurate and consistent depiction of metrics within data visualisations on all Insight hardware platforms.
- Enhancement of existing data visualisations to support new or changed business requirements.
- Development of new data visualisations to support new and changed business requirements.
- Assist in the refinement of Agile Stories associated with the development of data visualisations.
- Organise the assignment of work to 3rd party developers assigned to them for the duration of a project.
- Provide meaningful and achievable goals to the junior developers reporting to them.
- Ensuring the data solution for BI Reporting is in line with the overall business requirement and technical strategy.
- Oversee the documentation of all programming design and process-analysis work
- Consult with infrastructure, project and product teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to consult as appropriate when it seems necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Very good knowledge of SAP HANA XS Classic application services and the development of visualisation applications within it is critical to this role.
- Knowledge of SAP HANA XS Advanced application platform would be desirable for this role.
- Experience of migrating SAP HANA XS Classic applications to XS Advanced would be desirable.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Good leadership skills: experience leading small, focused data visualisation teams, as well as third-party contributors.
- An ability to lead by example.
- An ability to assist in the understanding and translation of business issues and clearly formulate technical solutions to the issues
- Practical experience in working within a Scrum Agile development environment and delivering against a regular Sprint cadence.
- Ability to perform code reviews, to lead the data visualisation team in the application of good practice.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations.
- A strong sense of ‘ownership’ and responsibility in the solutions developed and in their team.
- Experience of working within a corporate Finance department is desirable, though not mandatory.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert