- DLA Piper
- Dublin (County), Leinster (IE)
- Closing date
- 15 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors – Private Practice
- Contract Type
- Practice Area
- Competition & EU
- Experience Level
- 0-2yrs PQE, 2-5yrs PQE
- Role Classification
We are currently recruiting for an Associate to join DLA Piper’s global Competition and Regulatory team, to be based in Dublin, Ireland.
Whether our clients are engaging in M&A activity, implementing new commercial arrangements, dealing with regulators or find themselves in a competition related dispute, our Irish team advises across the full spectrum of competition law and regulatory matters.
The role will be based in our Dublin office but will also require travel to client sites and our UK and international offices from time to time.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of our market leading global team, candidates will enjoy a top tier range of work as well as taking day to day responsibility for the full range of competition and regulatory matters including:
- Advising our clients on a wide range of EU and Irish regulatory issues
- Representing clients before the regulators in antitrust investigations, appeals, market studies and merger control reviews
- Advising claimants and defendants in competition litigation
- Advising on State Aid matters
- Advising on EU and Irish sectoral regulation, covering telecommunications, food & beverage, and Life Sciences
- Working closely with the global DLA Piper teams and as a trusted business partner for clients; and
- Taking a proactive approach to business development opportunities
We pride ourselves on having a collegiate environment and we are looking for down-to-earth but confident lawyers with strong potential. We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have, however, given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 1 – 5 years’ experience are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified solicitor in either Ireland, England & Wales or a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Have strong antitrust and competition experience gained at a leading Irish, regional or international firm
- Have multi-disciplinary experience, including investigations, behavioural and merger control work
- Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to clients
- Have experience working across jurisdictions and advising international clients
- Non-English language skills are highly desirable, though not essential
- Be capable of building and developing their own network of internal and external contacts
- Draft documents using a commercial, client focussed style
- Comply with professional standards and all relevant regulatory obligations
- Comply with the firm’s systems, policies and procedures in all matters – including compliance, financial systems and time recording; and
- Know and understand how to best utilise information and research resources
- A values-based approach – the candidate should be bold, supportive, collaborative and exceptional
- Commercially astute and stays current on key legal and business news
- Excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- A proactive, self-driven, entrepreneurial and innovative outlook
- Provide a professional, quality service in a timely manner, and responds effectively to requests from internal and external clients
- Understands positive client support
- Creates confidence in the team and the firm
- Works co-operatively in a team, sharing information and knowledge
- Manages time effectively and efficiently
- Seeks to manage own utilisation wherever possible in order to meet individual and team targets
- Takes ownership for achieving agreed objectives
- Recognises and seizes opportunities for the firm, including repeat business
- Builds and develops own network of internal and external contacts
- Develops and awareness of business development initiatives in the department and identifies ways to contribute
- Maintains a controlled, objective and flexible approach under pressure; and
- Exhibits behaviour consistent with the firm’s values and builds relationships based on respect, trust and integrity
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert