Marketing & BD Manager
- DLA Piper
- Dublin, Leinster (IE)
- Closing date
- 15 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Marketing and Communications, Generalist, Business Development, Business development
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
DLA Piper is the leading global law firm in Ireland. Having built the team to over 100 people in three years, we are also the fastest growing law firm here. The Marketing & Business Development (MBD) team supports this growth with a range of high profile campaigns, events and communications and effective client opportunity development. We’re looking for an innovative, growth-oriented and committed marketing professional to join us and make a difference in a fun, dyanamic and rewarding environment. The successful candidate will support the business development initativies for the practice and the various business streams and support the Head of Marketing & Business Development, Ireland on the delivery of a comprehensive MBD strategy and plan for the Dublin office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Pitch Support / Client Development:
- Provide first class support and help to prepare pitch documents
- Contribute to pitch resources, learning and system improvement
- Arrange insightful research on companies and industries
- Work with central bids team and other International MBD team on joint pitches
- Help to build brand profile, communicating our differentiators in the market utilising the full marketing mix
- Support the sector teams in the delivery of collateral and promotional activities to include events, thought leadership campaigns, International meetings
- Work closely with the International sector marketing and business development teams – bringing the best of sector marketing resources to client opportunities here and implementing firmwide campaigns locally
- Manage the creation of word-perfect, on-point and compelling client communications materials according to fixed timelines through our internal graphic design and web editing teams
- Event management and promotion: Liaise with lawyers and shared services teams to drive awareness and engagement among target audiences, deliver impactful and seamless client experiences and assist with follow up opportunities.
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to create and manage content for digital channels
- Provide training to junior members of the MBD team and facilitate knowledge transfer
CRM and Other Marketing Systems
- Leverage the power of our internal systems for maximum marketing and business development value
- Work with local teams to share know-how and drive optimum usage
- Support directory submissions
- Assist with marketing information and other ad hoc tasks, as required
- Work collaboratively with M&BD colleagues across the firm
- Effectively resource business development requirements by utilizing the shared services and other business support functions
The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have a track record of creating and implementing business development and marketing initiatives
- Be confident with digital marketing tools and platforms including campaign optimisation
- Be strong at effective social media management and content writing
- Evaluate and present information to demonstrate business advantage
- Manage and report on project delivery against plans, budgets and objectives
- Be comfortable managing projects, competing demands and multiple stakeholders
- Build relationships across other functions and locations and collaborate to deliver the best outcomes
- Work with partners (and others) to drive revenue and help to convert opportunities
- Encourage and help others develop their competencies relevant to their roles, contributing to a business development culture
- Be involved in activity which promotes the overall well-being and/or standing of the business; evaluate ethical codes to ensure marketing activities are compliant
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Marketing/Business Development processes including CRM as a concept and the emerging technologies needed to help us win and retain clients
- Excellent project management skills.
- You will be expected to have strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate
- Excellent understanding of generalist marketing activities and be commercially minded
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- A proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook is essential. Experience of using InterAction or other CRM systems would be very beneficial
- A professional approach, score highly in terms of commitment and internal client care
- Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay calm and composed in demanding situations
- A consistently positive attitude and adopt a ‘can do’ approach
- A collaborative working style; able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert