Network Engineer 12 Month FTC
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- IT, Systems / Infrastructure management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
The Network Engineer role covers the day-to- day, 'business as usual' tasks to support all backend IT systems. This role will provide hands- on 3rd line operational support for Ashurst's network infrastructure as well as providing implementation support for any new systems or technologies which Ashurst may adopt.
- Responsible for responding to, troubleshooting & resolving with Network issues raised via our Ticket system.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient running of the BAU network globally.
- Top level support and ownership of WAN and LAN technologies and to collaborate and assist in all top level support.
- Key player in ensuring Ashurst's network meets required security standards and controls.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to identify root cause analysis on any support issues.
- Experience collaborating with different teams based in different locations.
- Good writing skills and experience of producing support documentation and technical implementation plans.
- Experience working in secure and restrictive enterprise environments.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex network, system, and/or security problems.
- Be able to demonstrate in-depth network experience especially in the design and implementation of multi-site LANS and WANs.
- Comprehensive experience of Cisco switching, Cisco Nexus 3k & 9k.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols including BGP\EIGRP\OSPF.
- In-depth knowledge of wireless technologies with experience of global Aruba deployments.
- CCNP or CCIE or equivalent knowledge.
- In-depth experience with a leading Firewall technology Palo alto\Fortinet.
- Strong understanding of network security to implement Layer7 technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Riverbed/Steelhead WAN accelerators.
- Experience of MPLS network and VPN networks.
- Previous experience of implementing QoS and troubleshooting QoS issues in a Cisco environment.
- Ability to liaise with 3rd parties for troubleshooting and fault resolution.
- In-depth knowledge of Solarwinds NPM & NTA, Cisco Prime, F5 LTM, GTM, APM and BIG-IP client.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in Aruba ClearPass and a deep understanding of 802.1x technology. Able to design, configure, and manage ClearPass-based solutions to provide secure network access control for wired and wireless clients.
- Experience working with Cloud Solution Providers (Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Experience with Azure ExpressRoute and cloud connectivity.
- Experience with VMWare NSX, Micro-Segmentation and Software Defined Networking.
- ITIL certification.
- Knowledge of infrastructure standards (e.g. ISO).
- Experience of working in a professional services environment.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert