Business Development Manager - Funds, Finance & Restructuring
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Business Development, Business development
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced BDM to join our Global Business Development team based in London. This role is responsible for supporting our Funds, Finance & Restructuring (FFR) Division, with a particular focus on our Funds practice and industry as well as our restructuring practice.
The successful candidate will work alongside our SBDM to develop and execute business development and marketing initiatives relating to strategy as well as opportunities with priority clients of the firm. They will support PGLs and Division Heads (alongside the SBDM) to deliver on growth goals set out in the Divisional strategy. The BDM will also assume responsibility for execution of the go-to-market efforts of their portfolio within FFR.
Practice Management (Funds practice and Restructuring practice)
- Strategic decision making and planning (go / no go) as well as contributing and controlling the drafting and coordination of pitches and tenders.
- Advising on marketing and business development plans for practice areas and lawyers to achieve growth and market recognition.
- Sourcing and sharing market intelligence.
- Planning and delivering marketing collateral, seminars and other events, to profile expertise and build individual and practice area reputation.
- Planning and executing integrated marketing campaigns and thought leadership initiatives to achieve practice area and broader firm positioning.
- Maintaining the credentials database for the Division, including practice and matter specific information and lawyer profiles.
Industry Management (Funds Industry)
- Work alongside the Industry Chairs to develop and implement the industry strategy.
- Establish the industry group/board operating rhythm and ongoing support.
- Create strategies to drive internal collaboration and external industry engagement.
- Act as a conduit between the practice and client teams for all industry insights sharing.
- Oversight of the evolution of the industry priority client portfolio as well as potential clients.
- Align with the CIM governance model for Client, Industry and Market insights.
- Drive the coordination of the industry insights into the GTM engine for development of campaigns and industry initiatives.
- Collaboration with other industry BD leads for cross-industry opportunities.
- Creation of profile raising activities: collateral, thought leadership and events (with internal stakeholders: Marketing, Brand, Comms, Expertise, ASC / L&OD / Practice BD).
- Manage the operational aspects of industry OKRs, budgets and reporting.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing/Communications, Business/Commerce or other relevant degree.
- Significant business development or marketing communications experience in professional services or B2B environment.
- Banking, Finance, Loans, Restructuring, Insolvency or Regulatory practice area experience in a Professional Services Business Development role.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Effective communication (including writing skills), facilitation and presentation skills.
- Financial numeracy.
- Understanding of competitive and market intelligence gathering, analysis and use.
- Flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively interact with peers and internal clients including senior stakeholders - especially under deadline pressures.
- Ability to deal directly with clients and client representatives where appropriate.
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert