Business Analyst - IT Process Improvement
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- IT, Other specialist roles
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We are looking for a skilled Business Analyst to join our Firm, during an exciting period of change. As Business Analyst for Ashurst Service Central (ASC), the incumbent will support the development and delivery our process centre of excellence programme of work, with a particular focus on IT process mapping and process improvement. The role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to develop their skills through delivery of tangible improvements to IT processes, whilst helping embed a strong CI culture in a fast-paced environment.
As part of the Process COE, you will collaborate with stakeholders across Ashurst to design processes and identify potential process improvement priorities. The role will be responsible for running process mapping workshops and problem solving sessions to improve existing processes and to identify service needs.
As a Subject Matter Expert on process documentation, you will have the opportunity to lead, coach and develop others, in the use of process design and improvement tools and techniques.
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working 8.5 hours a day including an hour for lunch, between the hours of 09:00 -17:30. However, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties. The role offers a hybrid working arrangement.
- Manage a small team of two process writers to design and map 'as-is' end to end processes.
- Take a leading role in the new process centre of excellence, focussed on mapping processes as a service.
- Run process mapping events with IT teams to capture activities and target process pain points, complete detailed analysis and present findings to the senior leaders.
- Host value stream mapping workshops to target relevant areas for improvement
- Lead CI planning, analysis and brainstorming sessions to define priorities and benefits for IT process documentation.
- Lead root cause analysis and problem solving workshops functional teams.
- Design training and learning materials to support mapping activities.
- Coach staff in delivery of improvement initiatives and projects using appropriate CI methodology
- Devise improvement inventions that aim to improve key metrics performance, generate savings and add business value
- Apply technical and procedural knowledge to facilitate mapping and improvement workshops and events
- Act as an advocate for change and disseminate information that highlights the benefits of developing a continuous improvement culture across the Firm
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of process mapping best practises.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt or Lean Practitioner preferred; If not certified then a strong CI mindset and delivery background (2-4 years) is required
- Technically minded with the ability to interpret complex processes
- Strong experience in facilitating process mapping workshop and coaching/ mentoring activities
- Process mapping and value stream mapping experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team-working skills with the ability to influence and motivate diverse teams to embrace and deliver sustained process improvement
- The role involves extensive interactions with various stakeholders and therefore requires a combination of intellect, maturity, strength of character, and an ability to earn respect
- Proven organisational and prioritisation skills
- Passion and sense of urgency for executing performance improvement projects
- Change agent with strong credibility and influencing skills
- Works with and able to challenge senior leaders
- Self-motivated and possess demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
- Ability to translate general needs and goals into clear roadmaps and project plans for meeting them
- Exceptional eye for detail coupled with analytical mind and problem-solving mindset
- Proficiency across the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of business assurance and quality management
- Experience of working in professional services organisation
- Experience of working in an IT function
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert