Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
The Senior Management Accountant will work as a key member within the group accounting team to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of global management and statutory accounts and other management information, with a focus on process improvement ensuring that appropriate controls and reconciliations are in place and maintained.
Month end Accounting & Reporting
- Ownership of monthly FTE figures preparation/ headcount reporting.
- Global monthly remuneration analysis and commentary.
- Reviewing and commenting on the monthly bad debt provision and the fx revaluation calculations.
- Monthly review of the management accounts for the European and US offices and provide support to the local finance teams. Reviewing submitted balance sheet reconciliations for these offices and challenging where required.
- Review of the UK management accounts and supporting reports prepared by the Management Accountants.
- Review the Operations, Office Accommodation and Ops Legal Support business services functions results on a monthly basis to ensure FTE and costs are being reported correctly, and manage the monthly reporting for these areas. Providing financial support to these business support functions as necessary.
- Monthly balance sheets reconciliations, with key responsibilities being Trade debtors control accounts , provisioning for doubtful debts and property related accounts. Drive improvements in the control environment.
- Provide support to senior management and the business as necessary.
- Coordination and oversight of specific business services function annual budgets (Operations, Ops Legal Support and Office Accommodation).
- Liaise with Function Heads to ensure full understanding and commentary on budget outputs and support periodic P&L reforecasting as required.
- Adherence to a global timetable.
Year end audit and statutory reporting responsibilities
- Manage the year-end Debtor certification process.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual consolidated statutory accounts including ownership of specific disclosure notes.
- Coordinate with the external auditors throughout the annual audit fieldwork process, to ensure timey response to audit queries and deadlines are met
- Specific areas of responsibility during the annual audit will be debtors, and desktop reviews, as well as assisting the European offices with local audit queries.
- Manage the preparation of the UK statutory accounts including liaising with the external auditors.
- Reconciliation of different GL books within 3e.
- Ensure compliance with FRS 102 across the global firm.
- Line management and delegation of work to the Management Accountant and Assistant Accountant as appropriate.
- Main central point of contact for the local finance teams in the European and US offices. Including quarterly reviews of European and US offices balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage the half year end Debtor certification process.
- Drive process improvement within the Accounting & Reporting team.
- Undertake adhoc analysis of accounts and other financial information.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Accounting qualification essential (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA etc)
- Experience of reviewing management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Good understanding of FRS 102 and statutory reporting.
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of financial and management information systems
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills, ability to manipulate and make sense of large volumes of data.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally or in writing with all levels of stakeholders and staff.
- Excellent delivery skills with a clear track record that demonstrates this.
- Flexible, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
Desired skills & experience
- Experience of working in an international and multi-currency business, preferably within the professional services (ideally legal) sector.
- Experience of working with Elite 3e or Cognos TM1 would be an advantage.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.