Banking & Finance Associates, Australia
- Australia (AU)
- Closing date
- 14 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors – Private Practice
- Contract Type
- Practice Area
- Banking & Finance
- Experience Level
- 2-5yrs PQE, 5+ yrs PQE
- Role Classification
Who Are We:
Ashurst Australia is part of a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history that originates in the UK and is now celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are a firm that is proud of our history and use our wealth of knowledge and experience to be future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division and our consulting arm, to provide a client service that is outside the ordinary, yet grounded and commercially savvy. We are here to develop enduring relationships with our clients through our understanding and commitment to be a trusted advisor. We support our people to be individually the best they can be, so that together, we can create the extraordinary.
To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to come Down Under with Visas and travel paid;
- Join our "Band 1" rating Global Loans team who are wanting to make a long-term investment in developing a lawyer within the team;
- Align yourself with leading practitioners in the areas of corporate finance, leveraged and acquisition finance who are named as "Leading Lawyer" in AsiaPac 500, Best Lawyers;
- Australian market remains buoyant as beneficiary to global supply and commodities;
- A strong profile in lender-side mandates in large cap and leading corporate and leverage finance roles, the firm has in recent years been building its sponsor and borrower side practice;
- The Partners are relaxed and approachable, embrace work flexibility, and cultivate a supportive and inclusive work culture.
*More information can be found in the job description attached to the role on our careers site.
- 3+ years post admission experience in Global loans with a focus on corporate finance and/or acquisition/leveraged finance;
- Superior drafting ability;
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively;
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills;
- The ability to be team-focused provide leadership and mentoring to the juniors in the team whilst also work independently;
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and, a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
What makes Ashurst a great place to work?
We offer you all the things you should expect from an international law firm, some of which include:
- competitive remuneration with the flexibility to reward high performance;
- flexible working;
- complimentary gym memberships;
- corporate health plans;
- a global professional development offering for all employees; and
- an industry-leading programme that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to delivering positive impacts to our communities through our Social Impact programme, with a strong emphasis on working with First Nations people through our pro bono practice.
We aim to recruit, retain and promote the best people from the widest possible talent pools. We are committed to offering a safe and welcoming environment for all employees to ensure they are supported to work at their best.
Beyond this, what sets Ashurst apart from others is our global strength, our drive to innovate and collaborate, and our commitment to excellence. It is these values that make Ashurst a unique place to work.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert