Manager / Senior Manager, Fraud & Forensics
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Other specialist roles, Risk Management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Senior Manager, Manager
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and Ashurst Risk Advisory, our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more, please visit www.ashurst.com.
What we can offer you:
We are building the UK's first legal-led consultancy that offers a truly differentiated client and employee experience in the market. We combine the legal expertise and backing of a leading, global law firm with highly- experienced, specialist risk consultants to provide unique, integrated and holistic solutions to our clients so they can navigate the complexities of conducting businesses globally. After successfully establishing the division in Australia in 2020, our now 100 strong team have developed a market leading reputation for providing holistic advice to our clients. This is an opportunity to build a new offering from the ground up with the backing and infrastructure of Ashurst's global presence and the successful Australian team.
We are a team devoted to collaboration, diversity, transparency and innovation. Our vision is to create a unique culture in the consulting market based around teamwork and a structure that offers everyone a voice and the encouragement to help us build the practice. Our ambition is to hire a highly-diverse team combining various personalities, cultures and professional backgrounds, and offer them the opportunity to directly deal with clients, take responsibility for business development, drive their careers, and help us in defining our strategy, culture and processes.
We also offer award-winning Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion programs, and a range of benefits including, a dedicated annual bonus scheme, health and wellbeing support through Vitality, study support, hybrid working, and 26 weeks parental leave, to name a few.
As an Executive in the team, you will work the Partners and Directors in a
variety of practice areas. These areas may include anti-fraud, forensic accounting and investigations, disputes and compliance due diligence.
You will be involved in all aspects of delivering engagements for a broad range of clients in a variety of sectors.
Some of our projects are expected to includes:
• Advising clients on anti-fraud frameworks and target operating models
• Reviewing and testing anti-fraud controls for design and operating
• Advising on and building fraud risk assessments
• Investigating instances of fraud and other misconduct to establish the facts
and identify root causes including controls weaknesses in design and/or operation
• Assisting clients through regulatory reviews or enforcement cases
• Delivering change and remediation projects in the areas of financial crime
• Advising on financial and accounting aspects of investigations and disputes
• Working on M&A deals to perform due diligence on financial crime
compliance and anti-fraud frameworks. This work includes identifying red flags as well as advising on good practice to remediate findings.
• Advising clients on how to remediate findings identified during due diligence
An Executive in the team will be responsible for delivering client engagements, developing approaches and methodologies and contributing to the growth and development of the Risk Advisory practice.
During a regular week as an Executive, you might be expected to:
• Working with partners and directors on engagement delivery;
• Communicating regularly on engagement delivery and raising issues
• Contributing to practice management and engagement management;
• Building market presence for the brand by contributing to thought
leadership and building client relationships through delivery;
• Building trusted client relationships with integrity by putting the client
at the centre of service delivery, thinking differently, and delivering outside-the-box solutions to respond to client needs;
• Contributing to client proposals;
• Providing leadership, coaching and development opportunities for the
• Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge;
• Supporting marketing initiatives and client events; and
• Networking and building relationships across Ashurst.
We're a dynamic team and that means what we work on day-to-day is diverse and varied. We're focused on building the foundational elements of the practice to ensure we embed a culture and work practice that will enable you and the team to succeed and grow.
• You are eager to be an integral part of a start-up and are prepared to
adapt to the unique challenges that come with developing a new offering in the market.
• You are excited about using your talents to help solve a diverse range
of client problems with new, and inventive solutions, to assist in the growth of a unique and 'first-to-market' practice.
• You are flexible and willing to work across a number of practice areas.
• You have experience running client engagements in the above-
mentioned practice areas.
• You communicate confidently and knowledgeably in a professional
• You are passionate about collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team
and have experience managing multiple projects throughout their entire engagement lifecycle, including experience with proposals, pre- engagement activities, producing high quality deliverables, conducting stakeholder workshops, issuing final reports, and billing.
• You have a desire to contribute to a positive team culture.
• You are not afraid to have your own view and you approach challenging
problems with both confidence and humility, while also embracing alternative viewpoints.
• You are able to identify problems and contribute to solutions in
a compelling and innovative manner.
• You have an analytical approach to problem solving and an intellectual
• You are an independent thinker and a reliable team player.
• You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to quickly adapt to
a range of situations and audiences both from a written and oral perspective.
• You have excellent project management skills and an ability to manage
your own workload, as well as the workload of others in your team.
• You have a willingness and adaptability to work on a diverse range of
projects and manage a range of priorities.
• You will have previous experience and expertise in either financial crime compliance, anti-fraud, financial disputes and investigations and/or forensic accounting.
A professional qualification in law, accounting, forensic accounting and/or financial crime compliance would be preferred but is not mandatory.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with your consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert