- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Legal Support, IT, Other specialist roles
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for an eDiscovery Specialist to join our Litigation Practice in London on a permanent basis.
A&O Litigation are uniquely positioned within the firm to offer data services externally to our clients and internally to other departments as well as offering our core services to the Litigation team. The ability to provide professional and innovative eDiscovery services is a key part of the Litigation strategy going forward. The ability to combine our legal expertise with data-driven solutions to our clients is a compelling story to tell.
The eDiscovery Specialist is responsible for providing excellent client service and technical eDiscovery support in accordance with A&O’s best practices. The role is based in London and will report to the Global eDiscovery Operations Lead. Responsibilities may include supporting (and travelling to, when required) the disputes teams in other countries including Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany and France.
- Internal A&O clients requiring eDiscovery services
- Fellow eDiscovery team members
- Delivering high-quality customer service thereby fostering internal client relationships
- Applying A&O best practice policies and guidelines to all assigned tasks
- Satisfying internal client expectations and requirements proactively
- Contributing towards the continuous improvement of departmental working practices
- Assisting client/lawyers in expediting data transfer utilising media devices/SFTP including data logging
- Providing Relativity support including: user access and security permissions, review workflow set-up and support, application of search logic and text analytics features and creation of native and/or tiff productions for disclosure
- Delivering end-user training sessions
- Maintaining and increasing industry-specific knowledge through software training, A&O courses and attendance at software demonstrations and other industry event
- Excellent customer-oriented service ethos
- Experience with data processing tools such as Relativity or Nuix
- Experience with Relativity document review platform (Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) preferred)
- Understanding of forensic data preservation tools and techniques
- Experience utilising SQL advantageous
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail including working methodically
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to changing deadlines, deliverables, and task priorities
- Ability to work apace and under pressure
- Flexibility to work beyond office hours on occasion
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to travel when permitted
- Dutch, French and/or German language skills advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Law or other relevant discipline advantageous
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert