Hospitality & Events Executive - 12 month FTC
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 Jul 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Marketing and Communications, Events management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for a Hospitality & Events Executive to join our Marketing department in London on a 12 month FTC basis.
The business development, marketing and communications team is integral to the setting and achievement of the firm’s global client strategy, which includes guiding the partners and associates in their pursuit of becoming the clients’ trusted advisers, building and maintaining long-lasting, deep institutional client relationships, winning new clients, increasing the visibility of the firm globally, and positioning the firm as the thought leader and most advanced law firm among the global elite law firms. The function works as one team across the globe with very close collaboration between the central groups, such as communications, and the professionals working in local offices, practice groups, sectors and clients
The Central Events Team is a medium size team of events professionals based in Allen & Overy’s London office.
- The team delivers an end-to-end event management solution for A&O’s client and internal events
- Individuals have in-depth involvement in the identification and planning phases for event marketing activities
- The team makes recommendations, implements best practice globally and provides outstanding event marketing support to the business's client relationship programme
- The team is responsible for a variety of strategic events varying from creative London based dinners and drinks receptions to training based global offsites and content rich conferences
The role requires managing the executive boxes we have at Wembley Stadium, our membership at the Royal Academy of Arts and all ticketed hospitality packages as well as other events such as client events and offsites. The role is approximately split 30% events and 70% hospitality. In addition to managing up to 1000 attendees at ticketed events per year, the role will also be expected to lead and support on site at up to 2 offsites and –around 10 other events annually.
- Central Events Team
- Business Development teams both London based and from International offices
- Partners and other fee-earners
- Internal support teams, eg: Creative services and in house catering team
Role and responsibilities
Hospitality (70% of role)
- Wembley – Corporate Box (ongoing)
- The Royal Academy of Arts – annual corporate membership
- Secure 70+ bookings per year at Wimbledon Championships, cinch Championships, rugby at Twickenham, cricket at The Oval and Lord’s, Royal Ascot and various concerts and football matches throughout the year
- Various additional ad-hoc ticket and hospitality requests (including sailing days, horse racing and track days) and booking hospitality packages and tickets as and when required
- Continue to promote firm wide best practice policies and procedures for hospitality
- Renewal of contracts relating to A&O corporate boxes and memberships
- Development and maintenance of corporate hospitality intranet site
- Pre-event administration and logistics for all ticketed and hospitality events
- Negotiation and liaison with existing and potential suppliers
- Accurate post-event reporting, client tracking, and costs
- Budgeting and invoice management
Events (30% of role)
- To provide support to the Events Manager/Executives , and take the lead, in the following areas:
- Responding to event / venue queries and requests from BD teams, partners and support staff
- Arranging events e.g. offsites (approx. 2 a year) and client events such as drinks receptions, wine tastings, private cinema screenings, golf days
- Negotiating with and sourcing venues and other event suppliers
- "Meeting and greeting" at A&O events together with on-site management of events, supporting colleagues at other events where necessary
- Pro-actively look for event opportunities to promote Allen & Overy
- Creating collateral for events including signage, name badges, place cards etc. for functions
- Managing event budgets
- Ad hoc project work as and when required
- Attending site visits UK and International
- A breakdown of the type of work undertaken is approximately:
- 70% Hospitality work
- 30% managing client and internal events
- Suited to an enthusiastic candidate with exceptional administrative skills and attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Strong events management experience
- A good knowledge of the Hospitality (ticketed events) industry and good contacts within the industry
- Good knowledge of venues – both London and International
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both with internal and external clients – good influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects & deliver under pressure
- Excellent communication skills – both written & oral
- Computer literate with exceptional knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective and efficient with data management
- Experience of using events management software e.g. Cvent, Vuture etc. and virtual event technology platforms e.g. MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx etc.
- Professional in outlook and attitude
- Willingness to work extra hours when required (e.g. breakfast seminars, gala dinners etc.)
- Willingness to travel and work overseas on site at residential events
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert