- Trowers & Hamlins
- Birmingham or Manchester
- Closing date
- 23 Jun 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Human Resources, Fee earner recruitment
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East.
We’ve always been proud of our natural commitment to diversity and inclusion and value the variety of our partnership. We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too.
Our strategic direction is shaped by a desire to grow our business in a way that is responsible and sustainable and has the principles of ESG at its core, guiding the way we operate firmwide.
People are our biggest asset. It's their talent, expertise and personality that makes the firm what it is. The recruitment team is part of a 34 strong Human Resources department based across the UK and which services all our UK and International offices.
We are seeking a recruitment manager to be based in our Manchester or Birmingham office to lead qualified fee-earner recruitment across our Manchester and Birmingham offices.
The role will work alongside the head of lateral recruitment, 3 recruitment managers, a recruitment officer, recruitment assistant and 2 recruitment administrators.
This will be a busy role fulfilling our mission to attract and hire the best talent in a timely and cost-effective way, acting as a positive ambassador for the firm, and the team, as well as contributing to the continuous evolvement of the resourcing strategy.
What you'll do
As an existing recruitment professional you will already appreciate what is involved in running a busy recruitment function day-to-day. In particular, for this role you will
- Manage from sign-off to induction, all qualified fee-earner recruitment in the Manchester and Birmingham offices, additionally supporting on paralegal recruitment across both locations for the next 12 months and where required, contribute on senior business support, partner hires and wider regional and international recruitment
- Play a pro-active role in the selection process through participation in interviews, the use of online and hard-copy selection tools
- Outline best practice, provide interview coaching, share in-depth insight on market trends to support senior leaders and influence recruitment strategies
- Manage advertising and attraction for each role
- Oversee the on-boarding and induction of all new joiners to ensure the best possible experience
- Competently and confidently use social media platforms to raise the firm's profile, reinforce our employer brand and identify and approach passive talent, in turn building your network
- Ensure that the principles of diversity and inclusion are embedded in all activities and seek to identify and assess recruitment partners and platforms which can provide us the best opportunities to recruit diverse talent
- Contribute to reports for the Board and its management committee, and for the Director of HR
- Lead key agency and third-party relationships, negotiate terms and assess agency performance on an annual basis
- Develop and promote internally the staff introduction bonus scheme
- Work with our Alumni group to promote our recruitment and develop wider HR knowledge to aid our recruitment activities
- Deputise for the head of lateral recruitment (alongside other recruitment mangers) where needed at management and project and team meetings
- Ensure the effective use of the ATS maximising its functionality from application through to onboarding stages
- Collaborate with HR colleagues (L&D, Reward, HRMs, HR Projects, Graduate recruitment) to ensure a seamless service and track the success of hires
- Drive direct sourcing and devise innovative ways to attract talent
- Ensure that all existing recruitment protocols and policies are followed and contribute to their regular review and improvement
- Strive constantly to improve the time to hire and the interview to offer ratio on all hires
- Lead and deliver on appropriate recruitment projects and team and stakeholder training
- Represent the firm at appropriate external forums and networking groups
- Ensure that all legal requirements are complied with
What you'll need
- Be quality-driven, proactive and with a keen attention to detail. The recruitment team has built a strong reputation through quality of delivery and hard work. The new manager will share these values and bring rigour and determination in equal measure
- A strong, successful track record in North West/West Midlands fee earner legal recruitment
- An established reputation in the legal recruitment market
- Be an effective change agent, able to influence and educate hiring managers and senior leaders in all recruitment related activity
- A strong, successful track record in regional fee earner legal recruitment with an established reputation in the legal recruitment market
- Flexibility and can-do approach. We all adapt to suit the needs of the business and the recruitment manager will be expected to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. They will also be capable of adapting to different styles of working, local variations and shifting priorities and will be flexible to travel to other office locations to work when required
- Excellent communicator. The need for articulate, effective and responsive communication in this role cannot be overstated. Building relationships quickly and positively, and exhibiting professionalism and attention to detail in all dealings is essential
- Leadership and collaboration. It is critical to the success of the role that the new manager inspires the team and can work flexibly and efficiently with the other recruitment managers and the wider HR department
- Tenacity. The highs and lows of recruitment require a robust and tenacious character. The ability to remain focussed, positive and committed is a must
- The ability to have fun. It's a serious business, but we are a down to earth bunch and like to have fun and enjoy each other's company
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff located across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
- +44 (0)20 7423 8000
3 Bunhill Row
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert