Business Development Manager – Projects Practice & Energy Industry
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Business Development, Business development
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
We are looking to recruit an Business Development Manager to support the Firm's Projects and Energy industry team. The individual would be responsible for the day-to-day business development for the London/EMEA Projects and Energy industry team, working alongside partners, colleagues in the wider BD and BMC teams as well as the Firm's Knowledge function.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager/Snr Manager on a full time basis, and will flex the responsibilities depending on your experience.
The primary purpose of the role is to work with the firm's Projects Group and our Energy Industry partners. You will be part of a team that is working on some of the world's most exciting projects across renewables, energy and resources.
International Projects Group/Energy Industry
- Build and develop relationships with the Projects partners to support the winning of new work, development of client relationships and profiling of the firm's expertise.
- Work closely with the Global Divisional BD lead to enable both the Projects team and broader Global BD&M team to implement strategic initiatives.
- Proactively look for meaningful opportunities to connect Partners with clients, both internally and externally.
- Work directly with BD colleagues and partners to drive pursuits and support the firm's client program.
- Implement and co-ordinate the production and distribution of divisional thought leadership initiatives.
- Participate in client listening on matters, pitches and relationship reviews as needed.
- Leverage internal resources to refine and/or prepare tailored pitch and other client-facing materials, including supporting on tenders and strategic client opportunities.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of marketing materials, including website / intranet content, publications, brochures and submissions to legal directories and awards.
- Contribute to raising the firm's profile internally and externally amongst key contacts through conception and execution of topical seminars, unique events and PR initiatives.
- Raise BD&M's profile by being responsive, helpful, exhibiting client-focused mind-set and ensuring quality in execution.
- Take the lead BD role for a selection of our clients.
- Regularly review BD&M systems and processes and suggest improvements to drive efficiencies.
- Develop a good knowledge and understanding of the legal industry and marketplace, and the firm's key service offerings and product areas, with high-level practice-specific knowledge.
- Track market, client and competitor trends and developments to inform our Sustainability and ESG strategy and help identify opportunities for revenue growth
- Help define forward-looking 'go to market' propositions and develop associated multi-channel campaigns and coordinated client targeting initiatives
- Coordinate Thought Leadership and client engagement
- Identify appropriate industry events at which to showcase our expertise, coordinating our involvement where appropriate
- Develop and execute client webinars, including coordinating the marketing materials, agenda, logistics and running the webinar where possible
- Facilitate internal knowledge sharing amongst key stakeholders and client relationship teams
- Manage the work and development of a BD executive
- Contribute to and guide the development of legal directories and award submission
Essential skills and experience:
- Business development / client relationship management experience within a law firm or relevant professional services environment
- Demonstrated experience in building strategic relationships, managing priority clients and pursuing new business
- Has the gravitas and commercial acumen to work with the firmwide leadership team
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Determination and commitment to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Strong networking skills - connecting people within the firm and help build their networks
- Tackles problems, formulates solutions and engages with others to ensure solutions are implemented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a compelling way and gain the respect and trust of senior stakeholders
- Robust, resourceful and resilient, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities
- Sets expectations for continuous development and leads by example
- Lateral thinking and the ability to overcome obstacles.
- Positive and robust outlook
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert