Team Coordinator - Partners' Affairs & Tax Team
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Finance, Tax
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for a Team Coordinator to join our Partners' Affairs & Tax (PAT) team within Finance in London. This role will assist the PAT team to ensure that all payments to partners and tax authorities, and all tax filings, are made on a timely and accurate basis. They will also support the Associate Director of PAT, the Heads and managers in the PAT team, providing PA support including travel and meeting coordination, diary management and typing responsibilities.
Role and responsibilities
- First point of contact in the PAT team for incoming enquiries from Partners and external advisers globally.
- Assisting with the preparation of spreadsheets and provision of other information to overseas offices and external advisors for global tax return filings.
- Lead data collection processes from A&O partners worldwide in relation to their personal tax and partnership affairs, including design and development of Partner workflows, liaising with Partners and their PAs and managing outputs.
- Manage other Partner communications including mail merge work, distribution of statements/tax questionnaires/tax returns and collation of responses.
- Maintenance of virtual filing systems for PAT team, including set-up of new files.
- Maintenance of PAT databases, including partners’ contacts, and responsibility for collating new partner documentation and the completion of the key new partner processes.
- Management of partners’ disbursement accounts and associated transactions.
- Involvement in the annual capital raising process, including preparation and issue of documentation to partners.
- Approval of India travel requests and reporting India Day Count information on a weekly basis.
- Diary management as required for the Associate Director and Heads in PAT
- Typing including preparation of letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations and other documents for the department.
- Organise and attend PAT team and senior management meetings, preparing agendas and documenting minutes/actions.
- Organise PAT social and team building events including team away days. Work with the Associate Director of PAT to design the schedule and liaise with facilitators.
- Maintain the PAT Collaborate and intranet pages, creating and updating content to keep the team informed and connected.
- Process invoices and expense claims for the Associate Director and Heads of the PAT.
- Working closely with other Finance PAs, on department-wide initiatives, projects, events and providing cover, as required.
- Enthusiastic and numerate with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to adapt to unfamiliar packages.
- Able to work effectively using own initiative and as part of a team with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills, highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage large volumes of information.
- Experienced dealing with highly confidential information and understanding the sensitivities surrounding this.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- High level typing, spelling, English comprehension and PowerPoint skills.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert