Procurement Lead (Non-IT)
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Other specialist roles, Procurement
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Our Procurement Department is currently on an exciting transformation journey, seeking to transform into a truly global function enabled by a new operating model, and the deployment of market leading source-to-pay technology. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Lead (Non-IT) to join our London office.
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, this senior manager level role is responsible for the overall pro-active stakeholder and commercial management of the non-IT spend category, spanning Business Services, HR, Finance, Travel and Marketing. Managing a team of one direct report initially, and a category spend of ~£80m, the role holder will work with key stakeholders to influence, define and oversee the execution of non-IT spend. The Procurement Lead (Non-IT) will also play a key role in supporting a broader transformation journey to create a best-in-class global procurement function.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, with the ability to act as a subject matter expert and build impactful relationships up to executive level
- Strategically manages the category, adding insight and identifying opportunities to leverage high value opportunities
- Responsible for long term planning across the whole procurement cycle, strategy development and continuous improvement
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity, and in an environment where the success of procurement is primarily dependent on influence and persuasion (versus mandate)
- Provides category guidance to local offices as required
- Provides day to day leadership, management and development of direct reports, supporting the broader transformation journey
- Resilient, and can remain focused on the bigger picture in the face of setbacks
Accountabilities and responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders, building impactful relationships and leading cross-functional teams to deliver value
- Identifies and delivers opportunities that drive business value across the category of spend
- Directs strategic sourcing and other operational procurement activity to drive business value from suppliers
- Provides category insights and intelligence to functional leads as required to drive business value globally.
- Provides category guidance to local offices as required
- Provides day to day leadership and management of direct reports
Knowledge and experience
- Deep and technical knowledge of global sourcing and the respective category areas
- Extensive knowledge of best practice procurement practices within the category areas
- Ability to build relationships, influence and act as an expert across the organisation up to Executive level
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, is able to obtain consensus around credible, executable solutions
- Outstanding communication, influencing and interpersonal abilities
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert