We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our London office as HR Systems Senior Manager. This role manages the team responsible for supporting and enhancing the firm's global HR systems, including PeopleSoft HCM 9.2, and the integrations to and from these applications. The Senior Manager will manage team resources, oversee the prioritising of support and enhancement requests, effectively manage stakeholders and have ownership of the delivery of projects.
As well as leading the team of product specialists, the HR Systems Senior Manager will support the Head of Global People Systems, providing strategic input into resource planning, budgets and the future direction of the HR Systems landscape.
Role and responsibilities
Working alongside key stakeholders and members of the HR Systems team where appropriate, the successful candidate will:
- challenge and excite the team about how Allen & Overy’s HR systems can help solve business challenges
- ensure the firm’s investment in our global HR platforms is maximised, by identifying opportunities for optimisation and ensuring that these are delivered globally
- build relationships across the global HR team in support of the delivery of the HR Systems strategy
- plan and lead projects, taking in to account impacts on HR business processes, capacity within the team and projects in other areas of the firm
- manage the HR Systems response to issues and major incidents
- keep up to date with trends in HR Systems to identify opportunities for Allen & Overy
- act as deputy to the Head of Global People Systems when required
- have line management responsibility for 4 direct reports and 7 indirect reports
- provide strong leadership that drives delivery and innovation in the team by empowering and developing others
- take responsibility for coaching and mentoring the team, to develop them and help them reach their full potential
- actively seek development opportunities for team members
- hold regular 1:1 meetings and periodic career check-ins with direct reports as part of the firm’s continuous performance management process (Compass)
- effectively plan the current and future resourcing of the team, including the use of flexible resourcing models
- assist in planning and running team days and meetings
- have oversight of all deliverables across the team, with an objective of ensuring that resources are directed to areas with maximum value-add
- ensure that the process improvements, to be supported by system change, are understood and documented from the outset of a project
- periodically review the team’s standards and processes with a view to identifying opportunities for improvement
- ensure that team leads are applying quality standards throughout their workstream, including 3rd party / flexible resourcing
- participate in / lead post-project reviews to identify lessons learnt
- ensure that data privacy considerations are a fundamental part of any project and that the relevant data privacy approval processes are adhered to
- lead data quality efforts to ensure that our people data is complete, accurate and updated in a timely manner
- support the firm’s efforts to scale the A&O data hub (Trusted Data Platform)
- promote a wider understanding of the value of data in providing business insights
- act as a trusted advisor to the global HR team on all aspects of HR systems
- facilitate the triage process and maintain the team’s roadmap
- act as a point of escalation to unblock obstacles for transactional team leads
- ensure that system changes are communicated effectively to all relevant stakeholders and that appropriate training is developed and rolled-out
- independent thinker with the ability to execute to a high quality in challenging timescales
- highly effective communication skills and ability to influence across a global team
- managing a high achieving and motivated team
- strong technical understanding of HR systems and their integration with other applications
- strong functional knowledge of HR systems and processes
- good understanding of the development lifecycle and of IT change management processes
- an appreciation of the value of data and a sound grasp of the GDPR requirements around HR data
- demonstrable project management experience
- a passion for technology and an ability to apply this to deliver business benefit
- open-minded to change and to finding new ways of driving business value
- able to take a strategic, long-term and commercial view when making decisions and proposals
- open, enthusiastic and engaging approach to working with others
- deep PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 knowledge
- experience in a wide range of global HR technology systems including; recruitment, performance management, payroll and reporting
- understanding of cloud technology
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.