Technical Lead - Enterprise Systems
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- IT, Systems / Infrastructure management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Senior Manager, Manager, Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
The Technical Lead for Enterprise Systems provides the technical and architectural direction for a collection of digital services. They serve as the subject matter expert across the products and as the primary technical point of contact for the engineering team, coaching and mentoring software engineers with proven experience in creating and realising solution designs.
Some specific programmes of work being undertaken in this product team on top of resolving incident and requests across the enterprise systems portfolio of applications are:
Cherwell ITSM - Service Delivery Programme & Legal Workflow
- Complete design and development of Cherwell's ITIL processes, portals and dashboards for IT service desk and other resolver groups.
- Design and automation of common business processes and tasks for multiple business units. Including reporting and dashboards.
Application Simplification & Management Initiatives
- Cloud Migrations
- Application Roadmaps
- Windows 11 - Application Rationalisation
- Network Modernisation Support
- Re-Branding initiative
This role will suit someone who sees themselves as a proven technology leader with a passion for delivering high quality software ensuring that best practices and procedures are applied.
- Maintain and enhance enterprise services and applications including; performing impact analysis and design work, realising the delivery of improvements, continuity and configuration management and leading the delivery of a product application strategy
- Oversee and guide the work of internal and 3rd party service suppliers, maintain technical and relevant business process documentation, analyse user needs, make recommendations and identify and deliver improvements
- Ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly
- Manage application and service upgrades / releases ensuring industry best practices are followed
- Shift left approach enabling support teams in 1st, 2nd line and IT cloud operations to ensure all internal users are provided with a day to day support service that is well managed, appropriate, covers the extent of the IT services they consume and that is cost effective and in line with the overall expectations in a global law firm
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies
Essential skills and experience:
- 5+ years in a hands on IT technical leadership role
- Management skills to lead and support a team of global engineers and projects
- Must have excellent technical background supporting and onboarding multiple portfolio of business and legal applications on different architectures
- Risk Management - Exposure leading application vulnerability management and remediation initiatives across multiple enterprise applications.
- Solid background and knowledge in Application Lifecycle Management
- Experience working with Agile delivery Teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication, stakeholder management & organizational skills.
Desired skills and experience:
- SQL Skills - Intermediate to advanced with T-SQL would be desirable.
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services organisation particularly desirable
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert