Transactional Construction (Projects) Lawyer/Associate - Manchester
- Pinsent Masons
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Closing date
- 14 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Solicitors – Private Practice
- Contract Type
- Practice Area
- Experience Level
- 2-5yrs PQE, 5+ yrs PQE
- Role Classification
Our Construction and Engineering Group in Manchester is expanding and we are currently looking to recruit a Lawyer with 2+ years’ PQE into our busy team.
We have an unrivalled reputation in acting for employers, funders, project companies, contractors, consultants and insurers. We act for over half of the UK's top 50 contractors, a large number of the top contractors worldwide and an impressive range of private and public sector clients. Our Construction and Engineering team act across the sectors including infrastructure and energy (nuclear, renewables, conventional and oil and gas), property, waste, education, transport and health.
The Candidate Required
With 2+years’ PQE the successful applicant will have a strong grounding in construction work. The team's pipeline is such that the opportunity would best suit a candidate well versed in infrastructure and energy related transactional construction work. This candidate may have the opportunity of exposure to both construction and projects work so experience and flexibility in that regard is an advantage.
Our Manchester Team
We lead on the contracting of major national and international construction and development projects from our Manchester office, with a strong team handling projects across the built environment for government bodies, developers, main contractors and funders. Our work covers large energy, transportation, commercial/residential real estate, industrial and technology projects, often of high renown, Many of our projects support industry’s efforts to decarbonise its processes and supply chains and to achieve net zero in the near future. This includes work in relation to offshore wind, solar, carbon capture, nuclear, battery storage, garden communities, modern methods of construction and energy efficient buildings.
The team is led by Graham Alty, Mark Job, Scot Morrison and Joanne Falencka – their combined experience in UK and international projects is unrivalled and they are supported by a team of a further 15 lawyers.
Key clients include:
- Sellafield Limited
- Cayman Islands Government
- Yapı Merkezi İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş.
- Ministry of Justice
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland
- Eiffage Génie Civil, Kier Infrastructure and Overseas Limited
- Ferrovial Construction Limited
- BAM Nuttall Limited
- Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council and Hampshire County Council
- London Borough of Wandsworth
- London Borough of Harrow
- MSC Cruises SA
- Scottish Power
- EDF Energy
- Ministry of Justice
- Advising Sellafield Limited in relation to over £15bn of capital projects at its nuclear decommissioning site in Cumbria, by far the largest and most complex nuclear site in the UK.
- Advising the Cayman Islands Government (“CIG”) in connection with its: (i) $50m east-to-west corridor arterial access road and associated infrastructure works in Grand Cayman (the “EW Project”); and (ii) $300m 30 year Design Build Finance Maintain cruise and cargo berthing facility and associated infrastructure works at George Town Port (the “Cruise and Cargo Project”).
- Advising Yapı Merkezi İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş on major rail infrastructure projects that demonstrate our leadership in high profile, high value, significant projects with innovative finance structures, and our commitment to Africa, where we have 40 years of experience across more than 40 countries
What our clients say:
‘Extremely commercial and pragmatic advice. Very can-do attitude; nothing is too big or too small for this team.’
‘This team has provided significant high calibre support to the in-house team and demonstrated an unfailing commitment to both to this business and the industry.’
The successful candidate will:
- have gained experience in a large commercial firm or in-house legal team;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
The role is wide-ranging, will focus on and include:
- developing on-going relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- the opportunity to be involved in work in the very best national and international construction work.
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best in class" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Karen Rawlings who can discuss the role and requirements.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer and is ranked No 4 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2020 and named as one of Stonewall’s Top Global Employers 2020.
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Anwen John who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees operating from 27 locations throughout Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines. The firm has significant multinational credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors.
We champion change and promote progress to make business work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which its people can flourish.
We stand out for our innovative approach to service delivery and believe that innovation flourishes in a diverse workforce. We are proud that in the same financial year Pinsent Masons was recognised as law firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards, we were also named the top employer for LGBT people by Stonewall, one of the top fifty employers for women and ranked 21st out of 700 companies by the Financial Times in their Diversity Leaders list.
30 Crown Place
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert