Senior Reward Manager
- DLA Piper
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Human Resources, Compensation and benefits
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Senior Manager, Manager
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
The International Reward manager will work collaboratively with the rest of the international reward team to develop a market leading total reward offering. The role is responsible for supporting the annual salary and bonus review and supporting the day to day reward operational activities, as well as creating alignment internationally and assisting with driving through the reward strategy to attract, retain and reward the best people.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the annual salary and bonus review (full cycle), being a point of contact for country escalations, review and tracking international proposals, following up on submission, supporting the international review of the cycle outcomes;
- Manage the salary and bonus review international data analytics;
- Supporting the set up and maintenance of the compensation module in SuccessFactors, working with the team as a subject matter expert for salary and bonus review;
- Assist with the embedding of the role framework in reward practices, leading on regular audits and support with changes and with upskilling the wider firm;
- Work with the international teams as an SME for reward products
- Work with HR and other key stakeholders across the business on various reward related projects;
- Work on wider HR projects as agreed from time to time.
- Be an accomplished Reward Manager with practical experience of salary and bonus reviews, benchmarking, systems, recognition tools, performance management and benefits policies/administration;
- Experience of managing a salary and bonus review in SuccessFactors
- Have strong analytic and data reporting skills and experience of working with a high volume of reward data
- Experience of a partnership or professional services environment; experience and understanding of a complex, matrix organization preferred;
- Have proven experience of acting as the primary point of contact for a defined population, with the ability to tailor approach and support to the size and needs of the location;
- Possess strong knowledge of the statutory requirements for remuneration and benefits including basic tax and employment law, with a pragmatic (yet consistent) approach and the ability to find commercial solutions that are in line with best practice, the firm’s policies and also meet the needs of the business;
- Have excellent Excel, Report Writing, PowerPoint skills and experience of HR systems and data manipulation;
- Have a good understanding of the HR business partner and specialist team model, with the ability to operate effectively as part of a larger, international HR team within a matrixed, partnership environment;
- Be able to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently both orally and in writing;
- Collaborate and share by encouraging team work and building a strong team spirit;
- Take the initiative to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things;
- Apply specific knowledge and expertise to provide solutions to problems and respond positively and credibly, to overcome any barriers.
The Department / Practice Group
This is an exciting time to join the firm as the Talent and Reward agendas are being heavily championed, with a clear understanding that these elements exist on a continuum and need to work in partnership in order for the firm to attract, retain and reward the best people going forwards.
The firm has grown significantly over the last 10 years, largely through acquisition in their international markets. There therefore exists an opportunity to create greater consistency in Reward strategy across the various parts of the business, creating efficiencies and a more structured approach.
This role will require both an ability to be strategic and operational and work as part of a team, and other senior leadership across the organisation, and requires someone with the credibility and technical expertise as reward becomes a key area of focus for the firm.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert