Planning Analytics Developer
- DLA Piper
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Finance, Financial systems
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Here at DLA Piper, we have an exciting opportunity for a Cognos TM1 /Planning Analytics Developer to join the Finance Systems Team. Your role will be varied, having responsibility for delivering and maintaining IBM Cognos TM1/PA solutions and acting as the Subject Matter Expert.
The successful candidate will use current industry and specialist knowledge to help turn the function’s strategy into tactical plans, overcome challenges and look to continuously improve the service.
If you have previous experience building Cognos TM1/PA solutions, you’re analytical, solutions oriented, passionate about continuous improvement and empowering evidence based decisions then we’re keen to hear from you about this opportunity.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver and maintain IBM Cognos TM1/PA solutions
- Support the provision of accurate and timely management information
- Administer user permissions and system security settings
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams and 3rd party suppliers on issue resolution, product enhancements and best practice
- Act as the internal Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Collaborate with the wider Finance team to identify requirements and recommend solutions which support changes to firm’s Budgeting and Forecasting processes, and Management Reporting
- Responsibility for integration of TM1 /PA with SAP and other information sources for the provision of Management information
- Management of Planning Analytics Reporting Analyst as a direct report
- Experience building & maintaining Cognos TM1/PA solutions
- Good understanding of TM1/PA Architecture
- Knowledge of financial planning functions and related processes
- An ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Be a qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA or equivalent) or background in financial planning
- Design and administration of OLAP data Cubes, turbo integrator process rules in IBM Cognos TM1 10.2/PA
- Experience with PAX and PAW
- Direct experience using Business Intelligence (BI) and Visualization reporting tools ( Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, SAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse, BI, OLAP, and dimensional modelling
- Experience with SQL authoring and RDBMS databases
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or related business/technical field
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert