IT Service Desk Analyst (3 Month FTC)
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 14 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- IT, Help Desk / Customer Services
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
This role is required to ensure a professional IT Support service is provided to the whole firm.
You will be expected to provide end to end management of all software and hardware incidents and service requests by providing remote support by Phone and Email, support Laptops, Audio Visual, desk phones and mobile devices Tasks will be allocated on a defined Rota, with duties such as remote support via the phone, email, and project support tasks as required.
Monday to Friday - 37.5 hour per week - working on a rotation shift pattern between the hours of 07:00-20:00
- Provide 1st line support by incoming Phone and Email & 2nd level investigative support of all incidents and service requests of all Ashurst IT systems/services IT support via remote control, telephone support on a rotating shift pattern.
- Accurate ticket logging of all IT incidents and service requests whilst managing individual ticket queue within the Service Management solution.
- End to end ownership of all IT tickets including being responsible for all communication and the technical resolution.
- Follow the escalation process to ensure a consistent and professional IT support service is offered to the firm.
- Manage all end user administration such as onboarding, offboarding etc.
- Knowledge management; contribute towards the internal KB.
- Support of remote working technology.
- Subject matter expert for projects within the firm from inception through to "business as usual".
- AV and VC Overflow support.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Consistent provision of a responsive, effective and personable service
IT support service to exceed customer expectations:
- Work in accordance to ITIL processes and procedures.
- Use initiative with a positive and can do attitude.
- Identify business impacting incidents and escalate according to the escalation process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a confident telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and in all written communication.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with pressurised situations.
- Able to manage own tasks across various areas and prioritise appropriately according to SLA to meet business deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively alone and within your team/group or project, under the appropriate supervision.
- Maintain good working relationships with all members of IT.
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Flexible approach to role
- Highly motivated, willing to continually update knowledge and skill set.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels within IT and across the business.
- Documentation skills: Technical documentation; Knowledge management
- Technical Skills: Analysis and troubleshooting skills of all IT incidents; Interaction or similar client relationship management (CRM) application; Bighand 3 or similar digital dictation software; AD administration
Desired skills and experience:
- Knowledge of remote working solutions such as Broadband and VPN's (virtual private network).
- Knowledge of troubleshooting support issues.
- Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting support issues.
- Health and safety awareness in the working place.
- Business writing skills.
- Previous systems experience.
- Advanced O365 skills.
- Excellent word troubleshooting skills.
- Supporting Windows 10.
- Knowledge gained in an intranet/extranet environment.
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert