Senior Digital Manager - 12 month FTC
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Marketing and Communications, Online marketing, Social media, Marketing systems management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Senior Manager, Manager
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Digital Manager to join our Marketing department in London on a 12 month FTC basis.
The person in this role will lead on the development and implementation of the firm’s digital channel strategy and roadmap of complex, integrated digital channels - overseeing the scope, planning, budgeting, priority setting, definition and initiation of digital initiatives to support the firm’s marketing communications and business development activities, including advising on best practice for content and campaigns. The role has a global remit, supporting and advising all jurisdictions, legal practices and advanced delivery & solutions businesses in developing a digital, data-driven and social-centred approach to marketing.
The vision as part of our A&O digital transformation journey, is to develop a connected, best in class client experience across our channels/platforms, with purpose underpinning the ‘why’ and ‘how’ each channel engages our audiences.
We are looking for an innovative, creative and pragmatic individual – who is always looking for better ways of doing things, to deliver real value and outcomes.
- Head of Digital & Marketing Technology and the Global Head of Content and Campaigns
- Heads of BD and Marketing and senior managers based across the firm’s network of offices
- Other members of the digital & marketing technology, communications, business development and CRM teams
- Key partner stakeholders and other senior lawyers and consultants across the firm
- Senior management at external suppliers
- Key stakeholders within the IT department
Role and responsibilities
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Work with the team to implement the firm’s digital channel strategy - enabling our lawyers, consultants and marketing, BD and communications professionals to efficiently publish content across multiple digital channels to effectively promote the firm and generate new business opportunities.
- Work with the Global Head of Digital & MarTech to deliver a roadmap of complex, integrated digital platforms to support the firm’s marketing communications and business development activities. The role holder will take primary responsibility for delivering on the current roadmap priorities, including:
- the continued development of and enhancements to the firm’s public website (allenovery.com), including delivering a rebrand in 2024
- developing an efficient content publishing process to support the needs of the global business
- consolidating other A&O websites into the Sitecore CMS
- integrating the Frontify Digital Asset Management system with the website
- implementing a social media scheduling platform to promote the wider engagement of social media across the firm
- working with the brand team and agencies to implement a digital design system: ensuring consistency of the firm’s brand and design principles across our digital estate – including products delivered by our legal technology and advanced delivery businesses
- working with the Content and Campaigns team in advising stakeholders on the best approach to digital thought-leadership campaigns and content across the website and social media
- devising relevant SEO strategies and developing a best practice approach to SEO and digital content writing principles
- Support the Social Media Executive in expanding A&O’s use of PPC advertising across Google, LinkedIn and other platforms
- Manage supplier relationships, negotiations and budgets in relation to our core digital channels
- Take full responsibility for determining the resource requirements to support the strategy and roadmap, currently this includes a team of six permanent support staff in Belfast Shared Services Centre
- Take responsibility for the personal development of the individual team members, delivering appropriate training and skills programmes to support the strategy and roadmap
- Work with the team to develop a business change programme through the innovative use of data and analytics – identifying business opportunities by analysing client engagement across our digital channels.
- Define best practice policies and support the planning and execution of digital marketing and communications campaigns across the range of supported channels
- Constantly assess the quality of content across our digital channels, ensuring best practices are delivered
- Substantial experience of managing complex digital and marketing communications-based initiatives and programmes
- A broad understanding of content management solutions and digital technologies is essential – Sitecore experience is desirable
- Strong web experience, with content creative and editorial skills
- Very high attention to detail with analytical and problem-solving skills – previous experience in developing KPIs and performance metrics of digital marketing campaigns
- Experience of digital marketing techniques such as segmentation, automation, split testing and search engine optimisation
- Marketing and project management qualifications highly desirable
- First rate project and programme management skills
- Experience in managing external suppliers/agencies and budgets
- A proven ability to lead and develop teams; highly collaborative
- Driven and motivated to work in a continuously changing environment – focussed on delivery and end results
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with all levels across cultures
- Superb communication skills, written and oral
- Responsive, proactive and innovative
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert