- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Marketing and Communications, Events management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for an Events Executive to join our Marketing department in London on a permanent basis.
The business development, marketing and communications team is integral to the setting and achievement of the firm’s global client strategy, which includes guiding the partners and associates in their pursuit of becoming the clients’ trusted advisers, building and maintaining long-lasting, deep institutional client relationships, winning new clients, increasing the visibility of the firm globally, and positioning the firm as the thought leader and most advanced law firm among the global elite law firms. The function works as one team across the globe with very close collaboration between the central groups, such as communications, and the professionals working in local offices, practice groups, sectors and clients
The Central Events Team is a medium size team of events professionals based in Allen & Overy’s London office.
- The team delivers an end-to-end event management solution for A&O’s client and internal events
- Individuals have in-depth involvement in the identification and planning phases for event marketing activities
- The team makes recommendations, implements best practice globally and provides outstanding event marketing support to the business's client relationship programme
- The team is responsible for a variety of strategic events varying from creative London based dinners and drinks receptions to training based global offsites and content rich conferences
The Events Executive runs market-leading global events with creative execution to ensure our events are differentiated from our competitors in the market.
This person has in-depth involvement in the identification and planning phases for events and is fully aware the role events marketing plays in achieving the wider firm’s strategic vision. They are able to confidently make recommendations to partners and senior business development colleagues whilst implementing events best practice globally.
- Key relationships
- Central Events Team
- Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (CMO)
- Global marketing and communications colleagues
- Other business teams: Human Resources, Business Services, Finance
- External suppliers: Global hotel chains, event agencies, venues, production agencies, speaker bureaus etc.
Role and responsibilities
- Project manage complex events (in-person, virtual and hybrid programs) of varying sizes both in the UK and globally
- Lead projects with multiple partners (across our global offices and practice groups) from the initial brief through to onsite execution and debrief
- Ensuring the Allen & Overy brand and values are clearly represented by Allen & Overy events
- Leverage relationships with our partners, lawyers and marketing colleagues to gain the confidence in relation to their event
- Giving advisory support to any member of the business undertaking client entertainment
- Staying abreast of all the latest trends within the industry including attending industry conferences and networking events
- Maintaining and managing current relationships with suppliers and building relationships with new contacts and suppliers
- Assessing the business value of an event within the integrated marketing campaign and giving guidance on suitability where appropriate
- Post-event reporting, including attendee lists, attendee breakdowns and reconciliation
- Budget management, negotiation, invoice management and data analysis post-event
- Several years of experience as an established Events Executive (or similar level role) within the professional services, financial or in-house corporate environment
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently with minimal supervision on large-scale events (managing multiple suppliers and stakeholders), yet seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve is essential
- Excellent knowledge of UK/Continental European venues and suppliers
- An interest in global trends in event delivery, including the deployment of new technologies and platforms
- Experience in virtual and hybrid event delivery
- Committed to proving the 'value-add' of events
- Highly articulate and able to present ideas and event suggestions to all levels of management
- A proactive approach, creativity, ‘out of the box’ thinking attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines, plan and manage multiple projects, manage expectations and deliver under pressure
- Friendly and approachable
- Willingness to work additional hours when required (e.g. breakfast seminars and dinners)
- Willingness to travel overseas for work, when required
- Positive approach and ability to remain calm under pressure
Who we are looking for
- A successful track record of the execution of in-person international events as well as virtual events from working in a fast-paced global organisation
- Must be a problem solving, pro-active team player with an ability to multi-task and project manage a variety of events at different planning stages
- Excellent IT skills and experience on event management e-registration systems, i.e. Cvent, Vuture
- Well-developed organisational, verbal and written communication skills, with solid problem solving ability
- Ability to focus on detail, exercise independent judgement whilst influencing partners towards the best results
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert