Marketing Operations Officer
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Marketing and Communications, Generalist
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Operations Officer on a permanent basis.
The business development, marketing and communications team is integral to the setting and achievement of the firm’s global client strategy, which includes guiding the partners and associates in their pursuit of becoming the clients’ trusted advisers, building and maintaining long-lasting, deep institutional client relationships, winning new clients, increasing the visibility of the firm globally, and positioning the firm as the thought leader and most advanced law firm among the global elite law firms. The function works as one team across the globe with very close collaboration between the central groups, such as communications, and the professionals working in local offices, practice groups, sectors and clients.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, we are currently looking for an experienced senior PA to provide effective and high quality executive support to the Global CMO, Chief of Staff and the Global Marketing Leadership Team. The Marketing Operations Officer will be responsible for the management of operational and administrative support across the department, alongside managing workplace facilities and equipment. The role will oversee a range of internal processes related to the running of the department.
- Global CMO
- Chief of Staff
- Marketing Operations PAs
- Global Marketing Leadership Team
- London and Global Marketing Team
- HR Business Partners
- Peers across the wider firm
What you’ll do in this role
PA Responsibilities – diary, travel, expenses and documents
Provide executive assistance to the Global CMO and Chief of Staff, including but not limited to:
- Organising travel and accommodation
- Diary management to include setting up of meetings both face to face and virtual
- Filtering emails and calls as necessary
- Producing communications, correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, reports and stats as required
- Processing expense claims
- Assisting with organisation of events (virtually and in-person)
- Liaison with contacts at clients, suppliers and other external organisations
Key Meetings – scheduling, preparing agendas, attending meeting and drafting minutes/actions
- Bi-weekly Global Marketing Leadership Team Meeting
- Monthly London Leadership Team Meeting
- Quarterly Global Marketing Call
- London Marketing Team Meeting
- London Forums
- Global Marketing Leadership Team Meeting
- Lead on day to day budget management
- Support the Chief of Staff and Global CMO with the annual budgeting process and forecasting
On-boarding of new joiners which includes (but is not limited to):
- Running Global Marketing Induction for new joiners across all regions
- Co-ordinating a new joiner pack
- Compiling an introductory schedule of meetings
- Assigning buddies
- Arranging InContact post announcements
- Own space planning across London Marketing
- Lead the Marketing Social Committee
- Maintain intranet pages and wikis
- Drafting of global announcements
- Ensure databases are kept up to date
- Implement organisational and administrative initiatives
- Ad hoc department wide projects and tasks allocated by the Chief of Staff
- Prepare and regularly update documents (including but not limited) to structure charts, brochures, presentations, reports, etc (liaising with other business teams as required)
- Prepare and send Mental Health Ally Monthly Newsletters
You should apply if you bring
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise and manage competing demands
- The ability to maintain tact and diplomacy, trust and confidentiality
- Excellent project management skills
- A deep knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particular skills with Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- A desire to build strong relationships and have a strong team ethic
- Be a strong advocate for team-building and provide a supportive environment to colleagues
- Experience of organising team building events/training/social events
- A willingness to show initiative/proactivity, enthusiasm and a willingness to be involved in additional projects as and when required
- An eye for detail, with excellent accuracy
- A willingness to help organise others
- An enthusiastic approach to change and have a curious, growth mind-set to an ever-evolving role
- An exemplary standard of services to clients, whether internal and external
- Experience of using Vuture (beneficial but not essential)
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert