Senior Manager - Finance Systems
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 14 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Finance, Financial systems
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Senior Manager, Manager
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager - Finance Systems to join our team to be responsible for the management of the production finance systems. This role will lead the team that provides system support and the delivery of client onboarding processes and associated data and have ownership of various finance systems, including stakeholder & vendor management. Achieving the firm’s vision requires a world class Finance department and our teams add value when the information we produce enables great decisions. Providing high quality advice and relevant, accurate information to the decision makers in A&O, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations and delivering our service efficiently.
Role and responsibilities
Working as the deputy to the Head of Finance Systems but with sole responsibility for a number of areas. Ultimate responsibility for the support and best practice use of our production finance systems, as well as responsibility for the data integrity and systems accountant activities. Expected to be a primary contributor to roadmaps, functional enhancements and design decisions. Recommend new software or software replacements to enhance finance’s operations and keep our production systems up to date with the market. Stand in for the Head when required and share responsibility with the Head on budgets and overall team management and direction.
Management of Production Finance System and related Support Teams
Manage the Finance Systems Support, Client Onboarding and System Accountant teams that are responsible for:
- Providing day to day support to all users through a lens of excellent client service and a drive to improve things
- Resolving issues within the production finance systems and other solutions connected to them
- Managing the escalation of issues and informing stakeholders of any impact to key finance systems services
- Working closely with IT in identifying, diagnosing and resolving technical and performance issues
- Onboarding client requirements for financial matters into our finance systems, working with other teams across the firm to ensure timely and accurate updating whilst liaising with the partners
- Process improvements throughout the client onboarding and client data lifecycle to support the goal of ‘right first time’ invoice processing
- System accounting checks and processes, reconciling and balancing, data integrity checks and administration processes to support system setups, security and configurations
IT relationship & issue management
- Primary point of contact between finance and IT for the production finance systems
- Key finance contact for escalations, issues and major incidents
- Partnering with IT in agreeing resources and approaches needed to ensure reliable and robust solutions and services
- Providing strong leadership that drives delivery and innovation in the teams by empowering and developing others
- Setting strategic direction and priorities whilst having oversight of the tasks and planning for the group
- Responsible for the overall management and performance of the teams, developing staff via coaching / mentoring methods to meet their full potential
- Embedding continuous performance review and feedback into the teams via the direct reports and the displaying of a best practice approach
- Lead by using in-depth functional and operational experience, providing expertise and direction to the teams and their tasks and projects
Ownership of additional systems related to finance processes (including Concur Expenses, eBilling Hub, Intapp Matter Workflow, Intapp Time, Robotic Process Automation)
- Manage vendor relationships or be the Finance Department representative for cross function vendors
- Understand software updates and changes and recommend frequency of update and impact on use
- Finance representative on cross department initiatives and work streams
- Identify areas for improved or wider use of solutions
- Make recommendations on improvements or replacement of systems
Finance systems stakeholder management and engagement
- Design, organise and implement continuous finance systems learning across the firm via tutorials, tips and targeted training. Seek new methods and tools to deliver the content and messages
- Spend time with stakeholders from partners to finance staff to get feedback, understand their needs and to determine areas that need to feed into the finance systems roadmap
- Build feedback rich relationships with senior Finance team members globally to guide the review and improvement of the services the teams deliver
- Influences and persuades within the teams and across wider stakeholders with the ability to deliver difficult messages sensitively and able to resolve disputes
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Accounting training or qualification is advantageous
- Excellent track record of working with senior management within a complex international organisation
- Strong technical/business acumen with the ability to influence strategic thinking/direction through creative and pragmatic issue resolution and solution review
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of legal finance systems, extensive 3E functional knowledge would be a clear advantage
- Experience of managing a high achieving and motivated team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the senior finance community
- Experience of delivering process change that is measurable and supports continuous improvement
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert