Network and Security Engineer - Contract
- Slaughter and May
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining technical excellence with commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing world-class legal advice to some of the world's leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,400 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued and all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture values everyone’s contribution to making us a market leader. In addition, there are excellent benefits and facilities and a variety of development opportunities to support you in your role.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Network and Security Analyst in the IT Infrastructure Technical Operations team.
We are recruiting for an experienced Network and Security Analyst to join the IT Infrastructure Team.
The IT Infrastructure Team is part of the Technology Department and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London. Its purpose is to manage the entire IT Infrastructure for the firm’s global offices.
The Network and Security Analyst is responsible for all operational monitoring, support and administration of the Firm’s global 24x7 mission critical IT Systems. The Network and Security Analyst is part of the IT Infrastructure Technical Operations team and reports to the IT Infrastructure Operations Manager.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. The Network and Security Analyst may require some working outside our normal working hours of Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18:30 (Shift Rota).
- The candidate is expected to be a technical expert for all network and network security technologies.
- Evaluate, test, recommend, develop, coordinate, monitor and maintain information security policies.
- Ensure Information security architecture/design, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with security standards.
- Identify security risks and exposures, determine the cause of security violations and suggest procedures to halt future incidents.
- Investigate and resolve security incidents and recommend enhancements to improve security.
- Perform targeted regular and ad-hoc scans to identify potential breaches of the firm data and security and data protection policies.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers and vendors to determine data network and security requirements.
- Review the market and perform technical analysis of new software, hardware for both network and security systems.
- Design and implement identified network and security systems.
- Participate in negotiations for new network and security contracts.
- Identify, analyse, monitor and minimise areas of risk that pertain to Information technology.
- Operational responsibility for the Firms network, WAN and Internet connections.
- Operational responsibility for the IT Data Centres including the Virtual Server estate.
- Product owner for a range of network and security products specified under required skills.
BAU Responsibilities Network and Security
- Daily System Monitoring of network and security systems and key processes.
- Reviewing system and application logs.
- Perform regular security monitoring.
- Provide other support per request from various customers. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with other IT teams and IT vendors.
- Liaise and perform regular meetings with suppliers to ensure they are meeting SLA’s as per contractual agreements.
The Network and Security Analyst is a member of the IT Infrastructure team. This role has a focus on support and delivery of the firm's network and network security. They are responsible for making sure that these systems run smoothly, perform within agreed targets, and provide a secure platform for the firm's business operations.
Required Technical Skills
- In-depth understanding of Cisco network infrastructure design and best practices including:
- Routing Protocols
- Switching Technologies
- Advanced IP addressing
- Next generation firewalls including with IPS and sandboxing technologies – Check Point, ZScaler.
- Experience in the configuration and use of network load balancing appliances – Netscaler.
- Email gateway security configuration and operation – IronPort.
- Configuring and optimising monitoring technologies – Solarwinds.
- Active Directory.
- Experienced in the operation of vulnerability scanning tools.
- Strong DNS/DHCP/WINS knowledge.
- Knowledge of secure connectivity with third parties and cloud services – e.g. VPNs.
- Good understanding of secure configuration principles.
- Advanced network diagnostic experience.
- Network segmentation.
- Management of the firms Wifi Network.
- Experience with cloud technologies, i.e. MS Azure, AWS.
- A good understanding of SIEM technologies, Cisco ICE, NAC technologies.
- Cisco SDWAN
- Multi-factor authentication.
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent.
- DDoS mitigation.
- Data Loss Prevention.
- Anti-Virus Technologies and reporting.
Candidates for this position must:
- Be able to demonstrate success in managing 24x7 high availability IT environments.
- Experienced in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, procedures, and roles.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Accreditation or equivalent.
- A good understanding of the Microsoft Technologies (Microsoft Exchange, AD, Polices, SCCM, Windows Server, SQL, Microsoft 365).
- Mobile MDM, VMWare VSphere, iManage and good networking services experience desirable.
- Be able to work with 3rd parties to manage on premise and cloud services.
The role must uphold the mission statement for the department:
- Strive for Continual Service Improvement.
- Maintain the firm’s security and cyber accreditations.
- High availability of all core IT Systems.
- Endeavour to ensure a proactive service approach to all functions and procedures.
- The use of best practice ITIL processes throughout.
- Provide and maintain a high level of IT performance at all times.
- A risk based approach to all processes.
- User first in all decisions and designs.
- Full business continuity of core systems.
- Maintaining a culture of providing exceptional levels of customer service at all times.
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise on high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions and on contentious matters delivering bespoke solutions to clients for over 130 years.
We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
Across our four offices in London, Brussels, Beijing and Hong Kong we have 109 partners and over 1300 employees worldwide. We make sure we have the finest lawyers in the market and train them to the highest standards. This means our clients always get advice which is clear, confident and commercial, but also advice which guides and leads them towards a recommended solution.
We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader.
- +44 (0)20 7600 1200
One Bunhill Row
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert